Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the FVSR and i'll have it Thursday night.  I like the TR stock better, but I can upgrade that later and be shooting for less $$ now.  I plan to upgrade eventually.  

What exactly is this bottom metal piece everyone is talking about and where do you buy the replacements?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I went with the FVSR and i'll have it Thursday night.  I like the TR stock better, but I can upgrade that later and be shooting for less $$ now.  I plan to upgrade eventually.  

What exactly is this bottom metal piece everyone is talking about and where do you buy the replacements?

The MKII FV stock uses a different trigger guard, bottom metal (where the magazine inserts) and the corresponding screws.  If you want to switch to the TR stock, you need to order those parts separate in order to install it correctly.  There's a link on page 4 to a site that sells the parts.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a TRR-SR yesterday it's a good choice.  I was so excited that I stole the cheap scope and bipod off my $140 Wal-Mart MKII just to take a few pictures.

The rail is a little bulkier than I expected, I might replace that with a regular base eventually.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got a TRR-SR yesterday it's a good choice.  I was so excited that I stole the cheap scope and bipod off my $140 Wal-Mart MKII just to take a few pictures.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Walnutt/trrsr1.jpg

The rail is a little bulkier than I expected, I might replace that with a regular base eventually.

what suppressor is that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is my FV-SR with a Mueller 4.5-14x40 APV scope and low Burris Xtreme rings.  The suppressor is a Thompson Machine ZephyrXL.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is my FV-SR with a Mueller 4.5-14x40 APV scope and low Burris Xtreme rings.  The suppressor is a Thompson Machine ZephyrXL.
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/autumnsongmt/1-3.jpg

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Walnutt/trrsr1.jpg

what suppressor is that?

Its a Tac16 .223 supressor.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Cole, did you get your scope in and mounted yet?
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I did, it looks good, but my photog skills are apparently awful.   I haven't shot it yet either.

Sorry guys.  :(

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
haha cool

post pics when you get them, im currently debating on the same scope you bought or another
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 1:58:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Got mine and got the scope mounted. I haven't had a chance to sight it in yet. The forearm is too skinny for the bipod to tighten down all the way. It'll work until I get another stock.

Link Posted: 2/14/2011 2:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Suggestions on a good bipod for these?
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 2:49:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a Mark 2 the other night at Cabelas. I love the color of the stock and the fact it has a heavy target barrel and accu-trigger, but the scope is a cheap Simmons 3-9x40. I'll leave it on there until it stops working. Hopefully I'll be getting out the the range sometime this week to try it out. The best part is that the girlfriend paid for half of it for my b-day, yay!

Link Posted: 2/14/2011 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Picked up a Mark 2 the other night at Cabelas. I love the color of the stock and the fact it has a heavy target barrel and accu-trigger, but the scope is a cheap Simmons 3-9x40. I'll leave it on there until it stops working. Hopefully I'll be getting out the the range sometime this week to try it out. The best part is that the girlfriend paid for half of it for my b-day, yay!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p303/jplynch87/IMG_1982.jpg

How much?
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p303/jplynch87/IMG_1982.jpg

How much?

$350
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have the Mark II FV, which is a varminter with a laminated stock. It's a pretty rifle.

It will also hold 1 MOA at 100 yards with Federal Auto-Match from Wal-Mart.

ETA: Who has the best prices on the 10 round mags?

I dont know what other stores charge but WalMart Online has them for $29
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought the earlier FVSR from last year. The only differences are the newer has a 1 piece scope rail, fluted barrel, and tactical bolt knob. Wish I could buy that bolt knob cheap.

FVSR. This will be my next .22LR.

Me too.  Unfortunately the best I saw on gunbroker was going to be over 300 shipped then ffl fees.  Were is the best deal online for the fvsr.  For the right deal I'd buy one today.

My local WalMart rep told me that they only stock a few Savage models but they can get anything in the catalog.
It might be worth checking there.  If its available they will ship it to the store & save you that cost.
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]
My TR stock will be here from boyd's Thursday for my FV-SR.

2 weeks wait.  Ordered on the 31st and was told a 6 week wait.  Got the shipping notice yesterday for it to arrive the 17th.  I can't wait!  Now I just need the trigger guard....
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#19]
good stuff.....

one just showed up on gunbroker.  i'd attach the link but not sure if that is allowed in the forums....
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
good stuff.....

one just showed up on gunbroker.  i'd attach the link but not sure if that is allowed in the forums....

As long as you are not the one selling it, I believe it is Kosher.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw one on  GB for $350!!!  Mine was $279 and it is the current Savage factory gun with the rail and extended bolt handle. The one on GB is the Lipsey's exclusive with regular scope bases and round bolt knob.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I saw one on  GB for $350!!!  Mine was $279 and it is the current Savage factory gun with the rail and extended bolt handle. The one on GB is the Lipsey's exclusive with regular scope bases and round bolt knob.

Been on there for a few months at the price already.

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#23]
This rifle is so fun.  I was shooting 4" Shoot N See targets at 50 yards and got bored quick so I took all of the little 1/2" and 3/4" "pasters" that come with the targets to repair your shots and started shooting at those instead... and hitting them pretty consistently.  Good times!  Still trying to find a SV or HV round that groups sub MOA to take it out to 100-200.  So far the subsonics are the only thing that will group really tight and they aren't going to have the power to get out to any real distance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This rifle is so fun.  I was shooting 4" Shoot N See targets at 50 yards and got bored quick so I took all of the little 1/2" and 3/4" "pasters" that come with the targets to repair your shots and started shooting at those instead... and hitting them pretty consistently.  Good times!  Still trying to find a SV or HV round that groups sub MOA to take it out to 100-200.  So far the subsonics are the only thing that will group really tight and they aren't going to have the power to get out to any real distance.

You will need subsonic ammo to shoot very far. Even a subsonic .22 LR bullet will go a long, long ways with plenty of energy to do...whatever you would do with a .22 LR.

I reported above that I shot a 1" group with Federal Automatch (which it supposed to do about 1200 fps from a pistol) at 100 yards but it must have been a bad batch or something because the last batch I shot (last weekend) I still got 3/4" at 50 yards, but at 100 yard they opened up to 4"....why? Because they were going transonic, which really screws up accuracy.

You need to stay subsonic so you never have to go transonic.

I've read that .22lr rounds don't respond well going transonic but didn't think I could volley subsonic pills out to 200M.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I just ordered my TRR-SR from Bud's Gun Shop. Will be running a SILENCERCO Sparrow for suppressor and Vortex 6-24x50 mil dot for optics. Very excited to see what the rig will do. How are you guys doing with the 60gr SSS ammo? I bought a brick, and understand it may function better in a 1/9 barrel, but this stuff seams very quiet and hits hard.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I just ordered my TRR-SR from Bud's Gun Shop. Will be running a SILENCERCO Sparrow for suppressor and Vortex 6-24x50 mil dot for optics. Very excited to see what the rig will do. How are you guys doing with the 60gr SSS ammo? I bought a brick, and understand it may function better in a 1/9 barrel, but this stuff seams very quiet and hits hard.

I put quite a few SSS through my TRR-SR with the Tac16 on the end when I went to the range last time.  Accuracy was pretty bad, but you could hear the things hissing all the way downrange.  I liked the sound so much I kept shooting them even though I was barely hitting paper at 100  I didn't get any key holes out of them, but I bet they would be if you took it much further than 100.  I didn't really get any good results with any ammo at 100 to be honest.  I still have a few brands I need to try though.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#29]
having an issue with my MkII fv-sr  its new but the older series with non fluted barrel, the last round in the mag will not feed, its not getting pushed up high enough to hit the chamber, is this a mag issue or does the gun need to go back.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
having an issue with my MkII fv-sr  its new but the older series with non fluted barrel, the last round in the mag will not feed, its not getting pushed up high enough to hit the chamber, is this a mag issue or does the gun need to go back.

Mag issue.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag issue.

This.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I have had mine for about 2 weeks now.  It is really accurate.  Here is a video of a couple of shots.shooting cci standard velocity.  

Watch here
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag issue.

This.

My new TRSR does the same thing with the factory mag.  Mag issue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag issue.

This.

My new TRSR does the same thing with the factory mag.  Mag issue.

mine does that too , how do you fix it ?  mag lips too far apart?

Link Posted: 2/21/2011 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#35]
UPS is delivering my Boyds tacticool for the fv-sr on Thursday,and "new metal"and trigger guard from Stocky's on Friday.

The gun screws are out of stock.I am assuming the difference is length.Anyone have a solution or an overall length of said screws.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#36]
I got a savage mark II TR from a fellow member a week or so ago. I took her to the range on Saturday and with a crappy rest, cheap Federal bulk ammo, and a Swift 3-9x scope, I was able to get 5  holes inside a quarter at 25 yards. Really good for me. The accutrigger is amazing!!

I am in love with this rifle. I can't wait to open her up at 50 and 100 yards with CCI Mini Mags (what the previous owner said she liked)

Craig
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got a savage mark II TR from a fellow member a week or so ago. I took her to the range on Saturday and with a crappy rest, cheap Federal bulk ammo, and a Swift 3-9x scope, I was able to get 5  holes inside a quarter at 25 yards. Really good for me. The accutrigger is amazing!!

<a href="http://img269.imageshack.us/i/photopnp.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/655/photopnp.jpg</a>

I am in love with this rifle. I can't wait to open her up at 50 and 100 yards with CCI Mini Mags (what the previous owner said she liked)

Craig

Good shooting with non-match ammo!

Get some Wolf Match ($7 for 50) and that group will be one hole at 25 yards.  I'm getting that sort of group with Wolf at 50 and 100 yards w/ no wind out of my FV-SR.

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://img269.imageshack.us/i/photopnp.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/655/photopnp.jpg</a>

Craig

Good shooting with non-match ammo!

Get some Wolf Match ($7 for 50) and that group will be one hole at 25 yards.  I'm getting that sort of group with Wolf at 50 and 100 yards w/ no wind out of my FV-SR.

I'm getting one hole groups with wally world federal bulk pack at 25 yards with mine. I mostly shoot a small chipmunk spinner at 100yds for fun. I'm shocked that the fed bulk pack does that
stock photo of target

target is 5.5" high  and around 2" wide and you can see the groups on it well (little blackened holes)

fun 100yd .22 target

Link Posted: 2/23/2011 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Also interested if someone would be kind enough to measure their screws. I'm sure they could be ordered from Fastenal, and it wouldn't cost $15 either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Im having issues with my FV where the bolt jams when I cycle it. I'll shoot it, then pull the bolt back, but it jams on the forward movement. Can't figure out whats wrong with it. I'll pull the bolt out, and its all lined up properly, then it will jam going back in. Sometimes it does go back into battery, then jams again a few rounds later. Its to the point where I'm thinking about sending it back to savage.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#43]
So is the general sentiment to get the fv sr and then pickup a stock for it?  I know I'd prefer the 16" barrel but I held a couple of them (sadly, not the factory threaded model) at Dicks, and the difference between the stocks was huge.  The SR stock sucked, the TR stock was great, similar to my savage .308.   If it was a 16" barrel I'd just grab the TR in stock at buds but I think the larger barrel would be goofy.

I just ordered my SS Sparrow so I have some time.  I could always put my M4-2000 on it (I did on my 10/22) but its hilariously large on a 22LR (not to mention heavy, even the quite lite M4-2000).
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So is the general sentiment to get the fv sr and then pickup a stock for it?  I know I'd prefer the 16" barrel but I held a couple of them (sadly, not the factory threaded model) at Dicks, and the difference between the stocks was huge.  The SR stock sucked, the TR stock was great, similar to my savage .308.   If it was a 16" barrel I'd just grab the TR in stock at buds but I think the larger barrel would be goofy.

I just ordered my SS Sparrow so I have some time.  I could always put my M4-2000 on it (I did on my 10/22) but its hilariously large on a 22LR (not to mention heavy, even the quite lite M4-2000).

The FV-SR won't save you any money in the long run.  You'll just have the 16" barrel instead of the 22".

In fact, the Boyd's Tacticool stocks for the Mk II are out of stock often because they're so popular.  All colors are out right now.  If you want a TR, you might as well just buy one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you want the looks of a TR, just buy one.   My FV-SR stock is fine for me, I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.  Yes it flexes a bit if I push on it, but it is no big deal.  If I ever decide I want a higher cheek rest a $15 Blackhawk cheek pad will work fine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Very cool. I need one of these now but I can't find any in stock. What bipod are you all using?
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Picked it up from the FFL today. Grabbed a Vortex 6-24x50 mil dot off of a Savage Edge I recently did a review on in prep for range day tomorrow. I'll try to get some additional photos/feedback up post haste. An agency, that will go unnamed, needs to approve the Form 4 ASAP!

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I will be buying one of these after my NFA paper work comes back on my AAC Pilot !
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#49]
So nobody is willing to pull a screw from their TR and measure it for us?

PLEEEEEASE!
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#50]
I got my tan, Tacticool stock from Boyds'. Now I'm waiting on my trigger guard and bottom metal from Savage.

FYI Savage has 10 rnd mags on their website for $14.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top