Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 10:55:08 PM EDT
I have BFG splitminus I'd like to wear over it. Would like soft and hard. Saw Velocity Systems Lo Viz which seemed great, but it looks like they don't sell the matching armor to normal people anymore.

Suggestions welcome.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
BALCS low-viz?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There was literally just a thread on this. Link for lazy people....
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There was literally just a thread on this. Link for lazy people....
View Quote

In this thread, the OP is asking about armor carriers capable of holding soft and hard armor inserts, not just PCs.

OP, and specific preference to the cut of the soft armor?  Looking for actual concealable type carriers or just lower profile?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In this thread, the OP is asking about armor carriers capable of holding soft and hard armor inserts, not just PCs.

OP, and specific preference to the cut of the soft armor?  Looking for actual concealable type carriers or just lower profile?

View Quote

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes I'm looking for something that holds soft armor and plates, but is otherwise is as slick and no frills as possible (no MOLLE or internal storage). I point out I'll be wearing a harness over because I don't want anything so bulky that I can't wear a harness over.

Concealable under at least a light jacket would be ideal. If I have to wear it I don't want to stand out. I mention the LoViz because a friend had one it was hard to notice with a sweater over. For the cut of armor, I like BALCS because it's common, but I'd ideally like to still be able to draw from a belt holster at 2.5 o'clock, and it seems like BALCS will hang down to your gut. I don't know I don't have any experience with armor. For BALCS this is probably similar to what I'd like:

Paraclete LVBC

Some others I encountered:
215 Gear
First Spear Sleeper (I don't like the mag pouches or the price)
Mayflower (The Mayflower cut seems like it's a bit more free than BALCS)
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue Force Gear PLATEMinus. It's very low-profile, and, as you are aware wth the SplitMinus, it's really light.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Crye JPC or blue force gear plate minus
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:15:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Hit up vel-tye, their hugger armor carrier is great.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are people suggesting plate carriers when OP asked about Armor carriers?

I like my Mayflower LPAAC. It's cut higher, and the soft armor ends right above my navel. The LPAC has no molle.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Beez Combat Systems carriers, best I have found.

The Eagle LBAV is nice, but essentially unobtainable as they haven't made them in some time.
View Quote

Wasn't there a thread about Beez quality recently?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Eagle LBAV is nice, but essentially unobtainable as they haven't made them in some time.
View Quote

Seems like Beez' QC has been slipping lately.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That involved them telling the OP to go fuck himself, when he continued to have issues, that were pretty well documented by the way?  

The only way I would buy a Beez, is if I could order it from Botach.  That way, I would be charged for it, but never actually have the pain of getting it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a mayflower low profile assault armor carrier that I picked up at a good price on the EE. No plates yet but worked good for Carbine classes I have attended
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]
BALCS and ESAPI are not compatible with "Low Profile" or "Low Visibility."

This is older AIRSAVE, size large (42-44 chest).  It has the general profile of BALCS with over-the-shoulder armor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top