Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:28:09 AM EDT
I just got mine in the mail today!  Holy crap, I now know what all the hype is.  Although I had to get a Large because they are out of XL.  I probably wont be able to wear anything thick underneath it because of the size but that doesn't bother me.  They have secured my future business!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#1]
TAD makes awesome gear!
I have two hoodies from TAD, a Ranger and a Robin Hood.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The robin is going to be my next one but only if they have an XL when the time comes.

That shark skin materiel is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Rockin my Stealth Hoodie as we speak!
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a TAD gear Stealth Jacket on the way.  It should be here Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a great jacket. I have way too many jackets for living in Cali but I travel a ton for work so this may be a good all round jacket.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both the Stealth jacket and hoodie and they're fantastic! I went to the TAD store in SF when I was out there for vacation a few weeks ago and the guys there rock. Also EVERY internet order ships from that store which isn't any bigger than the average 7-11.

For the OP what are your measurements? I'm 6'2" 210lbs and a 46" chest and the large is right for me. It's supposed to be a closer fitting jacket. The sharkskin material is pretty stretchy so I wouldn't be too worried about wearing layers under it. I had originally gotten an XL but ended up selling it on the EE to get the large instead.  

If you are worrying about how stretchy the material is look HERE. Scroll down just a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
TAD is the shitz!
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have both the Stealth jacket and hoodie and they're fantastic! I went to the TAD store in SF when I was out there for vacation a few weeks ago and the guys there rock. Also EVERY internet order ships from that store which isn't any bigger than the average 7-11.

For the OP what are your measurements? I'm 6'2" 210lbs and a 46" chest and the large is right for me. It's supposed to be a closer fitting jacket. The sharkskin material is pretty stretchy so I wouldn't be too worried about wearing layers under it. I had originally gotten an XL but ended up selling it on the EE to get the large instead.  

If you are worrying about how stretchy the material is look HERE. Scroll down just a little bit.
I'm 5'9" 205#.  I'm not really sure what my chest measurement is but I'm pretty stocky.  I think it will get a tad better when I work off my winter weight.  It's alright but I'm just not used to form fitting jackets.

About the store.  Do they have pretty much some of everything to try on?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get their molle pouches on with the velcro?  I'm sure they will be secure once on but I can't get that far. haha

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I was very impressed by the Raptor hardshell that I ordered, but it was nowhere close to fitting my XXL...  I know it's a slim fit but this was ridiculous.  My gut is disappearing and this jacket was to be incentive for that, but even the shoulders were very tight and would not be comfortable with any other layer.  Too bad since I could tell it would be a great jacket.  But TAD was very quick on a refund.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Watch it.  TAD gear is almost as bad as BRD.  It's almost a good thing that they stay out of stock all year... almost.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Watch it.  TAD gear is almost as bad as BRD.  It's almost a good thing that they stay out of stock all year... almost.

Hopefully, with getting their newsletter, I'll get a heads up when they are in stock.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm 5'9" 205#.  I'm not really sure what my chest measurement is but I'm pretty stocky.  I think it will get a tad better when I work off my winter weight.  It's alright but I'm just not used to form fitting jackets.

About the store.  Do they have pretty much some of everything to try on?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get their molle pouches on with the velcro?  I'm sure they will be secure once on but I can't get that far. haha

Try it on with what ever layer you may think you'll need underneath. I can assure you it'll work. As to your other question, or any questions you have just call them. Armando or the girl (I can't remember her name right now) know their shit and are AWESOME to deal with. I've spent a good amount of time on the phone with them and they are nothing but patient and helpful. I actually got to meet Armando when I went there. Super nice guy and willing to help you through any issues you may have. You can even ask them about your sizing concerns and he'll be able to tell you what you need.

The store IS their warehouse. So everything they have in stock on the website is in the store.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#13]
How the heck do you get one of these Stealh hoodies?  I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
You can only get them throughWWW.TADGEAR.COM. Their made in small batches so the quality doesn't suffer. Just keep checking their site.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
What sucks is that whenever they get jackets/hoodies/shells back in stock, it's because they've came up with the new version.  So then I'm left staring at the new version on their site... then to my old version in the closet... then to my credit card...

+1 for Armando.  Mason is a great guy to deal with too.  They know their stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
good gear. very solid. Love their pants , fleece and jackets.. all made in USA !
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
good gear. very solid. Love their pants , fleece and jackets.. all made in USA !

Well, much of it is made in the USA anyway. They started contracting a bit overseas for a few of their offerings. My Raptor was made in China, but I don't want anyone to think that makes it bad in any way... my Raptor rocks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a stealth jacket, xplorer hoodie, and a ranger hoodie. Ranger Hoodie is by far my favorite right now cause it's still pretty chilly, but all of them are top notch
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]
curse you all for steering me in TAD's direction...my second hoodie is on it's way

Explorer RH hoodie in closet with the Pathfinder hoodie in a brown square truck on

it's way....I hate you, my wallet hates you and damn TAD for making the nicest, most

comfortable, and far more superior jacket ever on my back.....ever...
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a Ranger Hoodie and an Explorer Hoodie.

It's extremely over priced for what it is; just go look at the stitching on an Arcteryx or similar jacket.

However, I like the jackets. Their hardshell is a joke though; but I wouldn't trade the Ranger Hoodie for anything.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I buy when it's on sale
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I buy when it's on sale

By the time it's on sale my size is usually out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Ordered my Stealth Hoodie on saturday but I'm kinda worried 'cause I haven't gotten any e-mails or anything from TAD.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#24]
They're behind on processing.  Orders from thrus-fri are going through tonight or tomorrow.

So I've been told anyway.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They're behind on processing.  Orders from thrus-fri are going through tonight or tomorrow.

So I've been told anyway.

Thats good. I had it shipped here but in a few days I'll be gone, so I need it like stat.

I guess SKD spoiled me as far as buying off the net goes.

thanks for the update
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah they're just a smidge behind but I'd imagine it will be there soon.  If

your wondering just call, they are great people to talk to on the phone. really laidback

helpful
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

your wondering just call, they are great people to talk to on the phone. really laidback

helpful

Yeah I found the number this morning and called around 1. They said that it was either going out tonight or tomorrow. I am anxious.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

helpful

Yeah I found the number this morning and called around 1. They said that it was either going out tonight or tomorrow. I am anxious.

Change anxious into completely disappointed. They're sold out of mediums. Way to go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
doh!! wtf?....you already had it ordered and they canceled it due to lack of inventory or

what?!....
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

helpful

Change anxious into completely disappointed. They're sold out of mediums. Way to go.

They sell out of Medium first...

You gotta be on the ball at the right time of the year tog et one.

But considering summer is on it's way, you didn't miss much.

Link Posted: 4/7/2009 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
doh!! wtf?....you already had it ordered and they canceled it due to lack of inventory or

what?!....

Yeah. I guess they were so backed up that they couldn't keep an accurate tally of what they had in stock.

Major League Disappointment.

Now I don't know whether I should try to order anything else until  I know they got their shit straight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

helpful

Is there a newletter or something that'll let me know when they're not completely out of stock?
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

helpful

Is there a newletter or something that'll let me know when they're not completely out of stock?

Just keep checkin.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just keep checkin.

Pterry much. They have a subforum on the Usual Suspects Network where they usually post when stuff comes in stock and preview upcoming products.

Gotta link?
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Many thanks Joker.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Good news. I ordered the last years Stealth Hoodie 3.0 (LT whatever that means) last night and it should be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#39]
rock on...you wont be disappointed!!...cant wait till my pathfinder gets here...
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#40]
It showed just showed up. So far, pretty badass. It's a medium and I just had it on with my large nike hoodie underneath. Fits awesome, snug but comfy. I'm looking forward to giving TAD a couple more bucks in the future.

Pics later if anyone wants them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#41]
The LT is the "light" un-linned version. The V4 like I have has a fleece linning in it. Your V3 is like the stealth jacket they used to make.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The LT is the "light" un-linned version. The V4 like I have has a fleece linning in it. Your V3 is like the stealth jacket they used to make.

Yeah, I had noticed the differences on the website but I think I'm more content with the V3's four season versitility as I can always take layers off. I'll probably end up with both anyway though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Is everyone really paying $260 for the stealth hoodie?  Seems kinda steep.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is everyone really paying $260 for the stealth hoodie?  Seems kinda steep.

I haven't yet but will soon. They are a very pricey company but from what I have heard/read they are worth it.
This isn't much different than The North Face gear for outdoor use. I have a few pieces of North Face and not so cheap!
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought my Stealth Jacket on clearance, but after having it - I'm planning on plunking down the $ for a Battle Hoody before fall.

They're worth it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I bought my Stealth Jacket on clearance, but after having it - I'm planning on plunking down the $ for a Battle Hoodie before fall.

They're worth it.

Just make sure you know what you're getting. The Battle Hoodie is a cotton canvas not at all water resistant like the Stealth or Explorer. Their new Spectre Hoodie is built just like the Battle but made with the Shark Skin material.

On the in stock issue I've always found that calling them is the best way to check stock. Then order online. That way you know it's in stock and I just prefer doing my CC info over a secure interweb connection rather than over the phone. Like I've said a million time Armando and the guys there have their shit straight. The biggest issue is the store is the warehouse and it's not that big. So if someone walks in off the street and buys the last medium before your order gets processed you're SOL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought my Stealth Jacket on clearance, but after having it - I'm planning on plunking down the $ for a Battle Hoodie before fall.

They're worth it.

Just make sure you know what you're getting. The Battle Hoodie is a cotton canvas not at all water resistant like the Stealth or Explorer. Their new Spectre Hoodie is built just like the Battle but made with the Shark Skin material.

On the in stock issue I've always found that calling them is the best way to check stock. Then order online. That way you know it's in stock and I just prefer doing my CC info over a secure interweb connection rather than over the phone. Like I've said a million time Armando and the guys there have their shit straight. The biggest issue is the store is the warehouse and it's not that big. So if someone walks in off the street and buys the last medium before your order gets processed you're SOL.

Appreciate the heads up.  I knew the BH is cotton canvas - it doesn't really worry me though.  I'm wanting one in MC, so it's all good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#48]
got my Spectre LRP hoody today.  The jacket is amazing, expensive but worth every penny.  My only complaint is it took a month to get it.  Once i placed the order it took 20 days to get billed packed and shipped.  They only ship to APO's once a week.  Exactly 30 days from order to delivery.  Fit and finish on the softshell is top notch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Two pages and no pics?
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Here's a LINK to mine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top