Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2017 11:25:21 AM EDT
Anybody know if the newer 1187 Sportsmans have dimples in the mag tube? I have one coming and I'm planning to install a mag tube extension on it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The mag tube dimples are a non-issue.They can be removed by drilling,Dremeling or peening over a mandrel inserted in the tube.
I remove them by peening.......makes for a bit cleaner solution and takes 20 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'm planning to drill them out if they're present.

Did you use a socket in the tube to carefully punch them out?  My concern with this method is that some have gotten the socket stuck or the tube started to bend into an oval shape.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The proper tool, and you can probably sell it when you are finished . ...or if you are handy with a lathe you can make on in the time it takes to place an order.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]
A metric deepwell socket and a brass head hammer works extremely well for removing the dimples.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top