Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2017 1:42:37 AM EDT
Is it OK to run a quality 3 round mag extension on a 20" barrel without a bracket? I'm thinking a one piece type would be strongest.

I really hate those cheesy stamped brackets that never stay put .

Who makes good 1 piece 3 round extensions?  So far GG&G looks like the best as far as what I've found
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The Remington three round extension is grooved to capture the hanger bolt on their stamped hanger so it won't shift.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A three-round extension should be protected by the barrel on a 20" gun, so I wouldn't be especially concerned about it.  That being said, I have clamps on all of mine -- cheap insurance.
View Quote
Yeah, I got mixed up there for a minute and was thinking the 3 round extensions were 10+ inches but that's the 4 round extension. I blame the convoluted way they advertise them, calling a 3 round extension 8 rounds

The GG&G clamp isn't bad looking. I may just get the extension/clamp package. Its a bit salty though
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put a GG&G 3-round extension on a 20" 870. I bought the GG&G barrel/mag tube clamp also but it doesn't fit ... because my 870 is an 'older' model (from 1996). FYI the mag tube sticks out past the barrel by a minimal amount, less that .25". I think it'll be fine without the clamp.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put a GG&G 3-round extension on a 20" 870. I bought the GG&G barrel/mag tube clamp also but it doesn't fit ... because my 870 is an 'older' model (from 1996). FYI the mag tube sticks out past the barrel by a minimal amount, less that .25". I think it'll be fine without the clamp.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the GG&G. There's looks very robust
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
3 gunners spear chuck shotguns into barrels with extentions that are a foot past the muzzle without any issues, most don't use barrel clamps because of POI shift on slugs.

You'll be fine
Top Top