Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 8:36:06 PM EDT
I have been given the task from the Captain to come up with ideas for slings and attachments for our issued Remington 870's.

During a Freedom Group (Remington 870, 700) armorers course at another department I noticed that other agencies were using GG&G sling attachments with a Vtac sling sling threaded through the slots.

I am interested in knowing what you and your agency use, how well you like/dislike with the setup, is there anything you change or wish you or the agency would have used something different.

If you have pictures send them here:
buzzardkpi (at) gee mail (dot) com

I tried this subject on "Brothers of the Shield" and did not receive any replies.  Hope to here.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not LE, but I actually use an M1 carbine sling on my 870P - on Talon QR swivels. Works great for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#2]
While not a cop I do have a method to offer I have used on two 870s.  The Vang Comp and Wilson magazine extensions come with a slotted slign mount, that will easily accept a 1.75" sling.  I placed a swivel stud in the stocks and then use a sling swivle to attach the slig to the rear.  This setup works fine with a military sling.  You could also set and epoxy a QD swivle cup into the stock and use a QD swivle.  I dont really keep a sling on the shotguns but it is nice to have during classes and such.
Just my two cents.
You could also talk to JD at AIP Tactical.
Good luck

Vang Comp Mag +1 mag extension

QD Swivel cups

Inexpensive solution
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

I like this up front, and it works with either the regular magazine cap or an extended magazine tube:

Attachment Attached File

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Sling-Mount-Plate-Vertical-Rem-870/productinfo/SGSMP-V-870/

and this sort of stud will do the job on the buttstock when paired up with an 1-1/4" QD swivel like from either Uncle Mike's or Wilson 
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Buttstock-Sling-Swivel-Wood-Thread/productinfo/SGSSW%2DSTD/

... Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If your department going to want a single point or multi point sling?

I've used the GGG and been happy with it for single point sling mount.  I'm tall, so I have the advantage of height to keep from dinging the muzzle.

I've also used the GGG with a side mount sling adaptor (Wilson) that fits the interface of the magazine tube extension and barrel support lug for 2 point and three point slings.

I've done the super simple and drilled a QD mount into the bottom of the conventional pistol grip and used the factory Remington Magazine Extension support tube which has a sling swivel mount.

With a two point (or three) the shotgun hangs "upside down" but you don't risk having the thumb contact the GGG stock plate on recoil (if you shoot with your thumb pointing forward instead of wrapped down and a round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top