Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 6:16:16 PM EDT
My buddy has a real nice (95% or so) BL-3 12 ga in his shop right now. It's a 30", F - M  model. I've been wanting a O/U for a while now. I can get this one for $500 out the door. I'm not really into trap or skeet, this would be more for upland hunting. On the other side of the coin, I can get a new, choked CZ  for $100 - $300 more. But I'm not sure if I want a Turkish O/U. I'm fully aware that you get what you pay for, but I don't want to get into the $1500 + guns either. This is why I don't have an O/U yet. I love them, but don't want a cheap one, and don't wan't to spend the money on a nice one... Any BL-3 owners here?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
500 is fair.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
They are solid guns.  I have only owned one for a few months but have done a lot of research.  I can't believe these guns floating around and someone would pass them up and buy a Huglu or similar.  You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are solid guns.  I have only owned one for a few months but have done a lot of research.  I can't believe these guns floating around and someone would pass them up and buy a Huglu or similar.  You won't be disappointed.
View Quote

How is yours choked?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
$500 is decent price.

On the down side these guns have been out of production since 1973 and parts may be difficult to find if needed. On the up side they seem to hold up well. I think I have had 2 in the shop that required a repair and replacement part in the past 10 years.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
A thirty inch o/u is going to be a load for upland hunting.  You will  quickly hate it.  The Beretta is a good gun, just not my first choice for carrying around the field all day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is choked skeet,skeet.  They are a lot lighter than the 686 series.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A thirty inch o/u is going to be a load for upland hunting.  You will  quickly hate it.  The Beretta is a good gun, just not my first choice for carrying around the field all day.
View Quote

Beretta field O/Us are very light.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
It's around 7 pounds. Weight isn't an issue with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top