Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2016 1:39:41 PM EDT
Just curious ..

I just got my 45 can in and my dealer held off on the piston until I tell him which one I wanted. I do have a USP tactical but was eyeing the FNX 45 Tac. Love that 15+1 and built in rail

Problem is I held a FNX tac he had for sell and I could squeeze the walls in easily in air conditioning and the magazines hiccup when you don't go in at a specific angle.  Was this ever going to be rectified by FN? That's pretty scary and it feels cheap.

I just wish HK would release a Gen 3 USP 45 with 14 rounder's and maybe some modified improvements. Would sell like hotcakes
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine. The magwell was never that flexible, but the last range trip the magazines quit dropping freely.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My FNX .45 Tac has been flawless. That was the first and last I have ever heard of a flex grip on that pistol.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine. The magwell was never that flexible, but the last range trip the magazines quit dropping freely.
View Quote

That aint good  Im a military guy so I like rugged and reliable. I really want to like the FNX but its stuff like that? how do I spend 1100$ on a gun that does that
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That aint good  Im a military guy so I like rugged and reliable. I really want to like the FNX but its stuff like that? how do I spend 1100$ on a gun that does that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's my favorite pistol that I own and was until the range issue my carry gun. The mag stickiness seems to be a known issue with the ambi mag release and easily fixable with a little dremel work or sending it in. I don't want to bumble fuck it so I plan on sending it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I almost bought one of these but wanted to wait till user's reported back. Hope it works out for you Op!
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
FN sent him a new pistol.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a FNP-45 USG. Sold it for a G21. Why? Because I invested a sbit ton of cash into it and then FN backed out and stopped supporting it.

No thank you

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. Mine is basically a suppressor host/range toy so I'm not sweating it too much. Everyone that shoots this pistol loves it though, myself included.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had a FNP-45 USG. Sold it for a G21. Why? Because I invested a sbit ton of cash into it and then FN backed out and stopped supporting it.

No thank you

View Quote

Ditto.
Did basically the same with my FNP tactical.

Mine went kaboom and while at the FN for repair they discontinued the gun so it made the choice simple for me to get rid of it.
Bad design and build (FNP) hence the quick discontinued and redesign into the FNX with issues of its own.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got nothing but good to say about my FNX-45T.  It's had no problems.  Mags insert/drop fine.  Magwell can't be squished past a mm.  No different than any other poly gun I've owned.  Have about 1k rounds through mine.  Deadass accurate.  Would I carry it? No.  I'm not Andre the f*cking giant.

I bought mine late 2015.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#12]
My FNX-45 has been flawless.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Insert a magazine and that magazine well will be plenty rigid. Try to squeeze it hard enough to keep the magazine from seating, magazine will still slide in just fine. FN built that pistol not to be overly cumbersome. It is the only double stack .45 many shooters can handle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ditto.

Mine went kaboom and while at the FN for repair they discontinued the gun so it made the choice simple for me to get rid of it.

Bad design and build (FNP) hence the quick discontinued and redesign into the FNX with issues of its own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No thank you

Ditto.

FN can do long guns well. Their pistols are sketchy except for anything based off the Hi-Power like the Browning BDA or the Browning BDM.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FN can do long guns well. Their pistols are sketchy except for anything based off the Hi-Power like the Browning BDA or the Browning BDM.  
View Quote

I take it you have not shot/handled a recent FNS-9 then...
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I shot it.... does nothing to bring me over from a Glock.

My PS90 is fantastic, my Hi-Powers are wonderful, and my FN-49 is a work of art. They're current pistols are just meh.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#17]
My FDE FNX-45 has been flawless from day 1, love this gun, even better suppressed! I've even left it in hot sun I've never had an issue with it, mags drop fine, it gives a little on the sides, but the front/back are pretty solid.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

mine too
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's my favorite pistol that I own and was until the range issue my carry gun. The mag stickiness seems to be a known issue with the ambi mag release and easily fixable with a little dremel work or sending it in. I don't want to bumble fuck it so I plan on sending it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bumblefucked mine, and got it working,  it aint pretty but it aint horrible, and its only 1 small part (I sanded the mag release, not the frame).

The mags not dropping free on mine doesn't have anything to do with the mag release, the frame itself seems like it shrunk or something.  

Mine worked great for the first few months, then one day I pull it out of the safe and its all wonky
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FN sent him a new pistol.
View Quote

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top