Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 1:37:11 AM EDT
I ask because i like the Ruger, and i have 8 mags for my Walther P22.

Went to a local gun store today and the slide from the P22 fit into the SR22.  Looks like i would need to add a notch on the P22 mags,

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I happen to have both handy in my safe, so I went and tried it for fit and basic function only just now.

I was able to push the Walther mag into the Ruger.  The Ruger grip has a "tail" on it, so the mag looks a little funny - but it seems to fit all the way in.  I held the mag in tightly and cycled the slide.  It picked up a round and chambered ok.  I don't know if it will function properly while firing, but it is certainly a possibility.  If I go to the range with the daughter later this week, maybe we'll try to duct-tape it in place and give it a try.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I happen to have both handy in my safe, so I went and tried it for fit and basic function only just now.

I was able to push the Walther mag into the Ruger.  The Ruger grip has a "tail" on it, so the mag looks a little funny - but it seems to fit all the way in.  I held the mag in tightly and cycled the slide.  It picked up a round and chambered ok.  I don't know if it will function properly while firing, but it is certainly a possibility.  If I go to the range with the daughter later this week, maybe we'll try to duct-tape it in place and give it a try.

View Quote

Great!  thx for the reply.  I hope the P22 mags will work in the PS22.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Walthers have a lifetime warranty and if you give them a call they will fix it no problem.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Walthers have a lifetime warranty and if you give them a call they will fix it no problem.

View Quote

Sweet Thx!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top