Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 9:30:57 PM EDT
I cannot seem to find much info on this....what period were these manuals available?

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
wrong forum?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably mid teens-early '20s (191x-1920s) Govt model user manual. Others I've seen have a patent or publish date of the first or last page.

Judging by the pic where you can see the representation of the assembled gun, you can see the slide has the early patent date format and circled rampant colt at the rear of the slide. That was the way early slides were marked on real guns.  So one can assume it's at the least a mid 'teens vintage to reflect how the gun actually looked. But I can't say for sure because I don't collect govt models and parahanlia.  What's the deal with the Hanoi button?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Look very carefully at the very smallest print at the bottom of the pages.  There is almost certainly a publication date printed on those somewhere.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Could be from 1912 to around 1923 when they began to change to the A1 style. I'll take a WAG at 1913 because they show the pistol with a lanyard-loop mag as well as a loop on the MSH. That was phased out pretty quick to just the MSH loop. Put that stuff on ebay and start it at $20. I think you'll get more.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info...

Yea.. $20 aint even worth driving to the post office to mail it...  

I'll take it up to SAR with me for trade bait
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't mean it was worth $20 - I meant that would be a good starting point. A repro costs $20. Yours would probably go over $100.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top