Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2014 3:44:33 PM EDT
How good are the Caspian made products??
I was looking at there titanium frames and building up a carry gun.
Does any one have info on them,I don't see any thing here about them.

What about christensen arms made guns/parts any one have experience with them.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The parts themselves are excellent quality.  Some of the top 1911 builders use them.  Of course, the quality of the finished product is highly dependent on the skill of the builder.

I have a 9mm 1911 built on a Caspian titanium frame by Marty Cutrell when he was building guns for Ballistic Specialties.   It has worked flawlessly every time I've used it, and I've used it in competition and training classes.  Being a 5" gun, the lightness of the titanium frame really isn't apparent until you compare it side by side with a steel framed model.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ken,......any idea what the weight of the pistol is?

Looks stunning.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ken,......any idea what the weight of the pistol is?

Looks stunning.....
View Quote

I can't find a spec anywhere quickly, and don't feel like stripping a gun to weigh the frame... but the Ti frame should cut 30% of weight vs a traditional steel frame.  Would guess a 20% overall reduction possibly?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll weigh it the next time I can get to it.   It's a few ounces lighter than a comparable steel gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, a STI Trojan with magwell comes in at 40.6 ounces.

The Caspian titanium gun with magwell weighs 36.4.

So there's a quarter-pound difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top