Sig 320.  

Probably reading my first glock I ever purchased for another 320 tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would stand in line for a Glock 1911.
View Quote
Why?  Glock makes Glocks with ejection problems, they'd fuck a 1911 up. big time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure this post will rustle some jimmies but.. Why? Glock already makes four .45s. The 30, 21, 36 and 41 all except the 36 have a higher capacity, the ability to mount a light, are more durable and lighter than a 1911. Making a 1911 would be a step backwards. This isn't said to disparage the holy 1911. I get it, the 1911 is an accurate, sexy pistol. It makes a great range and carry gun too, but for a hard use combat gun it is dated and obsolete. There are better options on the market for a .45 even if you don't like Glock, there is Sig, Beretta, HK, and FN who all make different flavors of .45 pistols.

I own a few Glocks but for me the only ones I like are Glock 19s, specifically third Gen guns. I have a 34, 17, 17L and 26 but I really don't shoot them much. One poster commented that his cordless drill had a better trigger than his Glock. I got a laugh out of that one. One thing I have found is the trigger in a Glock from the factory is not consistent from gun to gun. I have had some that had a trigger than was mushy and spongy with lots of creep and then I have had some that had triggers that were pretty good out of the box. I bought my wife a Glock 19 a couple years back for her birthday. It is a third gen G19C that was made in 2010. It was new old stock found in a store in south GA. Anyways that gun has a fantastic trigger in it. The trigger is factory. I took it to Glock and had an FBI mag catch and night sights put on it, It has the 4.5# factory connector and a Glockmister mag guide/grip plug. I did have to swap the extractor, extractor plunger spring with a unit from Apex Tactical as it was throwing brass straight up and back no matter who shot it. Glock swapped extractors out twice on it before I went with the Apex Tactical kit. I also put a 30274 ejector in and haven't had a BTF issue since. I am jealous of that gun, it is a shooter. I guess what I am saying is try another Glock trigger you might get a better one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm sure this post will rustle some jimmies but.. Why? Glock already makes four .45s. The 30, 21, 36 and 41 all except the 36 have a higher capacity, the ability to mount a light, are more durable and lighter than a 1911. Making a 1911 would be a step backwards. This isn't said to disparage the holy 1911. I get it, the 1911 is an accurate, sexy pistol. It makes a great range and carry gun too, but for a hard use combat gun it is dated and obsolete. There are better options on the market for a .45 even if you don't like Glock, there is Sig, Beretta, HK, and FN who all make different flavors of .45 pistols.
View Quote
They make the G36 with a light rail.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Damn, I didn't realize they made that change. Admittedly I haven't paid much attention to the .45 Glocks. Good to know. They need to add a rail to the sub-compact frames. I have seen mods where people have cut their own I just haven't been brave enough to take that step.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn, I didn't realize they made that change. Admittedly I haven't paid much attention to the .45 Glocks. Good to know. They need to add a rail to the sub-compact frames. I have seen mods where people have cut their own I just haven't been brave enough to take that step.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Meh.... with the Streamlight TLR 6 the subcompacts don't need a rail.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Meh.... with the Streamlight TLR 6 the subcompacts don't need a rail.
View Quote
True, but there are other options on the market for users to install on a rail. I like the flexibility that a rail offers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The PPQ is well on it's way.  Which is surprising considering I've put over 11,000 rounds through my 19.  I don't tend to take it easy on my weapons, and the PPQ has held up very well, albeit with a smaller round-count than some other guns of mine.  At the end of the day, the biggest problems I have with my Glock are that the ergonomics are sub-par compared to other striker guns, and that, no matter how much money you throw at custom parts, the trigger will never be as good as a fully (or near fully) cocked striker like a PPQ, M&P, or 320.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Sig320
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sig320
View Quote
Just bought an X5 version.  

Great gun from initial impressions, but it will absolutely NOT be replacing my Glocks.  That being said, it's unlikely to be sold off and will make a nice addition to the safe.   Apples to oranges of course, but 40 dollars in parts and 7 dollars in springs and my glock triggers are just as serviceable as the X.  Smoother as of now but I suspect that's due to the Glocks having been shot and the X being brand new.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sig320
View Quote
I looked at a 320.   Cost of getting 10 or more mags and the ease of working w/ my Glocks keeps me there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe if the VP9 featured a push button mag release and 20$ mags I'd change out my Glocks.
View Quote
They exist, and are out in Europe, should be landing here this year. Just the $20 mag part might be a little more difficult.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Sig P320 and VP9 have gotten into my rotation.  I've been waiting to get my hands on a VP9 SK to wear for a while.  The Double stack sub compacts are what I shoot nearly the best and conceal well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd not wedded to the Glocks, but I don't see any viable alternatives. 

I'd love to try a CZ SP-01, but even if I were to adopt it to replace my G34 carry gun, I don't see a G26-sized replacement for my BUG(though I admit i haven't looked very hard). Add to that my G21/10mm longslide toy, and I find myself pretty stuck with Glocks, because there's little other to do all that as well, for the price point.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't see myself switching, but if I did switch, I'd switch to a Smith and Wesson M&P. I hate most pistols, because unlike Glock, they have funky grip angles that through me off.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Problem is that it's not just the gun.  It's the everything else you need to effectively use that gun that you have to also replace.

It's just too damn expensive to really expand the types for the same caliber pistol that does the same job...and already does that job pretty darn well that really ties me to the Glock.
View Quote
Yep, not just the gun.  I will always have Glocks.  The cz10 is interesting though.  I may give the 320 another chance.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
i would like a sig 229 variation but the cost is prohibitive at the moment.
It's hard to beat sub $20 spare magazines as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Ppq and vp9. Love my 1911, have had several with one remaining - sig scorpion carry, which stays no matter what. I agree that everyone should own a 1911 too. That said I primarily carry a g17 and g43. Weight, dimensions, capacity, simplicity, etc > than perfectly tuned 1911 for every day use in my AO.

Recently bought a bnib vp9 and a used ppq m2 navy with trijicon hd sights and apex trigger, on the same day. Spent several hours at the range and WOW, I'm impressed. Both my glocks have the same trijicon sights, Suarez patrol triggers and some other bits, and I'm very comfortable with them... But either the vp9 or ppq defeat them in my initial impression. Better ergos being a huge plus, better triggers, better controls, and a few other aspects I like. The 43 will always have a role for ultra compact carry but if my joy persists with the other two the 17 will become dedicated nightstand gun, vp9 daily carry and ppq woods/property chores/camping gun. Or something like that lol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Well I wanted a different handgun and cheap. After reading reviews I found a sweet deal on a New Ruger American Pro Duty 17+1 on Gunbroker.  The switching out the back strap is odd. Hopefully I get a chance to shoot it soon.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If the CZ75 and variants had magazines at Glock prices plus the same mountain of aftermarket support I'd have them in my collection. As it stands I won't be buying any guns at all until I have a LOT more Glock mags and about a few thousand more rounds of ammo to feed the guns I have. I'll modify what I have but have no plans to buy another firearm soon.
View Quote
MecGar mags are about 20-25 bucks for the CZ platform. I would say that's in Glock price range...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I have always been a big fan of Glock pistols, I own a lot of them in 9MM and 45ACP. The journey has not been perfect though. The full size Glocks I do well with but the compact and sub compact models I struggle with because of my non average hands. The finger Grooves on the smaller Glocks land right where my fingers want to sit. Like most others who dislike the finger grooves I sand them off and stipple the frames as needed. While this corrects the problem, I just hate doing it. In my opinion the stippling doesn't look all that great even when its well done. So a while back I started hunting for a gun the size of the G19 which has been my gold standard for 15 years now. The Idea was to find a pistol the right size and configuration that would do anything my Glock 19 does, with minimal modification (sight and minor trigger work at most) rather than having to do reconstructive surgery on the gun. I have purchased some pistols and only test fired others in the search for a replacement. Here is some of what I have learned about each make/model.

XD9 and XDM9- Ok guns but the have full sized frames.
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0- Not quite as compact as the G19, which I knew when I bought it. Smooth shooting gun with great trigger. Super reliable. I like the new texturing on the frame but it made concealed carry difficult and uncomfortable.
CZ P-07 This gun was a departure from striker fire but the gun feels great in my hand and seems fairly accurate and reliable. The double action trigger pull still fly's out of the group a little. Only have 200 rounds through it, so it's to early to tell
Sig 320C- I have only test fired this gun at the indoor range but it  seems perfect, great trigger, accurate and reliable. The cost of the magazines is high making it less cost effective, but it would be a good choice.
Walther PPQ- I really like this pistol. After purchasing it and doing a lot of shooting I decided the grip was a little slick for my taste and put a Talon grip on it. The high cost of the PPQ and the outrageous cost of the mags makes it not cost effective + grip issues
Canik TP9SF Elite- I hate the fact that its made in Turkey but the gun comes equipped with a trigger rivaling the Sig 320C, it's the perfect size, has been accurate and reliable with no issues. The mags for it are in the $25 range and were easy to get. There aren't much for sighting options right now but I expect that will change. I want to shoot it more before I decide but this gun is likely my winner.

Glock will likely always be in my stable of pistols but in the case of the G19 I am searching for a replacement. If Glock offered the 19 minus the finger grooves you can bet I would buy one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Been reading the reaponses. Folks know I'm a S&W 3rd Gens fan. Same with Beretta. But Glock is and always will be my go to guns. 

HK, FN, Walther, Steyr, Ruger, S&W, and Sig all make nice guns. Their striker fired pistols aren't bad. But just like a SCAR versus an AR-15. Their isn't much difference. Not worth much change just for the sake of change.

Glock is staying in my life.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top