BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mushy and confusing reset is pretty much how a high power is. A friend who is a huge high power fan has several high end custom high powers and God help me I can't stand shooting them. I have been raised on 1911's and have shot also glocks over the last 20+ years and I am firmly wedded to a sharp distinct reset and a high power just doesn't have one.
View Quote

I bought a surplus Hi Power off Gunbroker and was disappointed at the reset as well.  HPs are nice looking but after shooing mine I was unimpressed, wasn't going to sink money into parts and refinishing on a mediocre pistol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I bought a surplus Hi Power off Gunbroker and was disappointed at the reset as well.  HPs are nice looking but after shooing mine I was unimpressed, wasn't going to sink money into parts and refinishing on a mediocre pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mushy and confusing reset is pretty much how a high power is. A friend who is a huge high power fan has several high end custom high powers and God help me I can't stand shooting them. I have been raised on 1911's and have shot also glocks over the last 20+ years and I am firmly wedded to a sharp distinct reset and a high power just doesn't have one.

Well, part of the rework on mine was to tighten the frame to slide fit and a trigger job. Now it has a noticeable reset that 'clicks' and the best 4.5# pull I've ever felt on a hinged trigger.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm still a novice.  But I don't quite get the big draw to a reset.  For a serious defense gun.  On a gaming gun I could see it.  But to me, under stress, you're just asking for trouble.  Especially if it's a lighter trigger.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top