Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2016 5:28:54 PM EDT
I am debating which NS to get for my PCR.

The MePro's I can get for $70 shipped. https://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Tru-Dot-Night-Sight-P-01/dp/B00555BAT0

The CZ Custom Trijicon will be $150 shipped. http://czcustom.com/cz-pcr-short-tac-rear-trit.html http://czcustom.com/cz-tritium-front-sight-5-5mm.html

They fit the gap in the rail that would remain if I went with the MePro's. I have a SP-01 Tactical that has the MePro's on it so that is one benefit to going that way.

In your opinion is it worth spending more than double for the CZC sites or should I just get the MePro's and deal with the cosmetic issue? My PCR will strictly be carried and not a range/HD gun.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the CZ Custom sights. That gap on the PCR is absolutely stupid looking when it isn't filled. My brother just went with the CZ Custom sights on his PCR and it looks great. The PCR should have came this way from the factory... The Trijicon's are just a bit brighter too in my experience as I have examples of both night sights. The Mepro's are on an M&P40c and the Trijicon's are on an SP-01.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know about the CZ's, but the front sight base on the mepros has to be drilled out to accept the roll pin.

Don't know if it's an issue to you or not, just be aware that they're not 100% drop in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered the CZ Custom sights. More than I wanted to spend but whatever. May as well make this gun perfect.

Regarding grips, what do you guys like for carry? I really like the stock rubber grips but they are pretty wide. I was thinking about getting half-checkered coco bolo's but mostly because they are gorgeous and not necessarily for comfort. I've never held them. My hands are pretty large so the CZ Aluminum's are too thin for me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag... the CZ Custom rear looks nice. I just ordered a PCR... I'm thinking that rear sight and a fiber optic front sight.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag... the CZ Custom rear looks nice. I just ordered a PCR... I'm thinking that rear sight and a fiber optic front sight.
View Quote

Should be a great combo. I am not familiar with FO front's or I may have went that route. It's actually cheaper.

I'll let you know how the CZ Custom's are this week. Got my sights and a CGW Ultra-Lite 13# hammer spring kit and a 14# recoil spring coming tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Should be a great combo. I am not familiar with FO front's or I may have went that route. It's actually cheaper.

I'll let you know how the CZ Custom's are this week. Got my sights and a CGW Ultra-Lite 13# hammer spring kit and a 14# recoil spring coming tomorrow
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. Please do post your impressions. I think I'm really going to like the PCR. I've had a 75B that I wish I hadn't sold to a friend. I have a P-09 and was considering a P-07, but I think the PCR will fill the role a bit better (G19 sized double stack for carry).
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I think they look great and I have no problem gripping them.

CZ 75B and my P-01

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think they look great and I have no problem gripping them.

CZ 75B and my P-01
View Quote

Beautiful. I'm gonna get a pair and worst case I can sell them for $40 like new.

One other thing I am not crazy about is the serrated trigger. But then again if this is really a defensive handgun and my primary range gun is my SP-01, I guess it doesn't matter. I won't ever be shooting 100+ rounds out of it in a range session anyway. But it really does chew up your finger a bit. I put in my 13# hammer spring with the CGW kit and it's already much better. I'll probably keep the trigger but if this were a range gun it would have to go.

In terms of the action I am not sure if I want to throw in a CGW hammer or not. I think the gun should smooth out with a few hundred rounds like my SP-01 did. I could do some polishing but I am not that familiar with that and don't want to mess anything up.

My recoil springs will be here on Monday so I'll update you guys and let you know how that goes. The CZ custom sights I got in today look SWEET. Hopefully I can get them installed sometime next week and this baby can finally be finished.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I went with a CZCustom rear for my PCR.  It shall arrive sometime this week.  I did a HiViz fiber optic front.  I can't wait!!!  It is a custom gun from CGW.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered the CZ Custom sights. More than I wanted to spend but whatever. May as well make this gun perfect.

Regarding grips, what do you guys like for carry? I really like the stock rubber grips but they are pretty wide. I was thinking about getting half-checkered coco bolo's but mostly because they are gorgeous and not necessarily for comfort. I've never held them. My hands are pretty large so the CZ Aluminum's are too thin for me.
View Quote

You made the right choice on the sights.

I use VZ Diamondbacks on my carry PCR. I just installed VZ black cherry Frags on my SP-01. On my 97B... it came with pretty awesome aluminum grips that are as flat/most comfortable grips as I've ever held/used. The VZ grips and the thin aluminum grips from CZ are pretty damned nice. The VZ are only $75 and very well worth the coin...
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To each his own but... if this PCR is going to be for every day carry and NOT just for competition then I wouldn't go with a FO front sight. I've got one on my new 97B, it's nice, but if an ugly girl looks twice at it I'm betting it would crack in half... just as most have I've used on field shotguns... Steel Tritium insert sights do/hold up really well on carry rigs... Plus, you can actually see them at night.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

To each his own but... if this PCR is going to be for every day carry and NOT just for competition then I wouldn't go with a FO front sight. I've got one on my new 97B, it's nice, but if an ugly girl looks twice at it I'm betting it would crack in half... just as most have I've used on field shotguns... Steel Tritium insert sights do/hold up really well on carry rigs... Plus, you can actually see them at night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen the new protected fiber optics from HiViz?  I plan to get a Tritium Front if I don't like.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the cz custom sights on my pcr. I went with the blacked out rear and tritium night sight in front. They look great on the gun, my only complaint is the tritium vile is pretty small in diameter. And it isn't the brightest thing in the world, but it'll do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top