Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2015 1:08:16 AM EDT
Handled a CZ P07 the other day.  Felt phenomenal in the hand and the trigger was far superior to the CZ P01 out of the box.  However, the slide release was dam awful to activate.  Granted, I have small hands.  And could only reach the very tip of the release.  Mag in, mag out?  Same issue occurred.  I could not drop the slide without a GOOD DEAL of effort, which resulted in me having to change my grip up.  Is this a common issue ?  Know obviously it will break in over time.  

Currently, I own a CZ P01 and have been using it as my primary HD/CCW.  The firearm is fantastic, however I've really wanted a polymer pistol due to some rather caustic sweat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean about the P07 and fitting your hand.  I  bought one, then a P09, then another P09, etc.

I don't know that I'd have called any of mine tough to drop the slide on, new, or now.

Seems these days a lot of instructors are teaching students to insert the magazine and then pull the slide back and release it vs. using the slide release.

Part of the problem may be the really tight lock up on these guns.  After moving the barrels around in the M&P and Glock guns I've got I was amazed at the much tighter lockup in these polymer framed guns.  That may be part of the reason they are more accurate for me than either of those brands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top