Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 8:40:09 AM EDT
CZ-branded guns are now being made in the US. The first? The 1911A1.

CZ will be showing their version of the 1911A1 at the 2015 SHOT Show. The pistol is designed to be a modern interpretation of the classic Government model, but with tighter tolerances and other changes.

TFB link

CD

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#1]
;)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_37/155290_CZ_1911.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I don't understand the need for yet another mil-spec 1911 with large ugly roll marks, but, good I guess?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]

$850.  Not such a bargain.  
Why don't they make it in the Czech republic?  
Then it might only cost $500 and be better quality.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe because they already have the equipment and experience with Dan Wesson in the US compared to no tooling or experience in the Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe because they already have the equipment and experience with Dan Wesson in the US compared to no tooling or experience in the Czech Republic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. While it will be a plain A1, it will be made by Dan Wesson with probably much tighter tolerances and more hand fitting than the majority of other A1's out there that are in the ~$500-$600 ballpark. And if it's built like other Dan Wesson's, no MiM parts. I don't know if these guns will be an exception, but I know all Dan Wesson 1911's are tool steel, machined parts...nothing MiM'd.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Initial reports are that it will contain MIM parts to make the price point.

Not sure if that's 100% true or what parts will be MIM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. While it will be a plain A1, it will be made by Dan Wesson with probably much tighter tolerances and more hand fitting than the majority of other A1's out there that are in the ~$500-$600 ballpark. And if it's built like other Dan Wesson's, no MiM parts. I don't know if these guns will be an exception, but I know all Dan Wesson 1911's are tool steel, machined parts...nothing MiM'd.

Initial reports are that it will contain MIM parts to make the price point.

Not sure if that's 100% true or what parts will be MIM.

Ah, ok.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Even if they contain MIM parts, as long as they're made with the same craftsmanship and QC as other Dan Wessons, I don't think it's that huge of a deal. Well done MIM does exist.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
the craftsmanship of my CZs has always been top notch. I'm actually really disappointed to hear that they will be built by lazy american's now. Even sig didn't hold their quality when being moved stateside, I doubt CZs will either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the craftsmanship of my CZs has always been top notch. I'm actually really disappointed to hear that they will be built by lazy american's now. Even sig didn't hold their quality when being moved stateside, I doubt CZs will either.
View Quote

Dan Wesson, who makes some of the finest quality 1911's in the game, is now just an employer of a bunch of lazy Americans....cool story bro. What chapter do you stop the horseshit?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If it has a forged frame the price isn't to bad. That's one of the reasons I wont buy any of the less expensive 1911's.

I'm an old school 1911 guy and a cast frame is a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]
They've updated the rollmarks...
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Did they switch from a dovetailed front sight to a staked one, or is that just the lower angle of the second picture playing tricks on my eyes?

And it still needs less rollmark.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Another 1911 option...all is good in the hood.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Are these out on the market yet ?
When i talked to CZ, they were going to start shipping right after SHOT,this year.
I have not seen,or heard of any.myself.
I really want to eyeball one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I will be getting one of these.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dan Wesson, who makes some of the finest quality 1911's in the game, is now just an employer of a bunch of lazy Americans....cool story bro. What chapter do you stop the horseshit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I missing something? I would consider a Dan Wesson a step or two above Ruger, Taurus, etc. Far cry from "finest quality". I don't know anyone into 1911s who owns one...
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I doubt there will be MIM parts. Especially not for "Price Point."

This is only about $350 below the entry level DW's. Add the front/back checkering, the DW name, the night sights, and the VZ grips and you have that $300-$400. Take it away form a DW and slap CZ 1911 on there, thats where the $850 price point comes from.

Maybe it is another Mil Spec 1911. But Its going to have tighter tolerances and better machining, better QC and everything compared to a RIA or some phillipino version.

Oh, and they're made in the USA.

So fuck RIA.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Am I missing something? I would consider a Dan Wesson a step or two above Ruger, Taurus, etc. Far cry from "finest quality". I don't know anyone into 1911s who owns one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you're sorely mistaken. I would say you ought to venture into the 1911 forum and ask. DW production, as has CZ, has always been slow. But their firearms ARE top notch finest quality. I would rank 1911 makers as such:

Wilson
Ed Brown
Nighthawk
Les Baer
(The last three in no particular order)
Dan Wesson
STI
...Maybe Kimber,

Then down from there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Would have been perfect if they would have just put the CZ logo behind the serrations (above the safety) and just said 1911 45 acp on the slide.  Also, is it a series 70 or 80?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I concur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

I have a fund started........in my safe,about half so far,
but i plan to buy one ASAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top