Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2014 12:22:32 AM EDT
I am selling all my Glocks now.  Well, not all of them, but some.   If it were not for sheer weight, I probably would sell more.  After Cajunizing a few parts on this one and a set of VZ grips, I think I have found the worlds most perfect pistol.  I am up to 500 + rounds and not a SINGLE malfunction or empty case to the forehead, Lol.

CZ-75 BD Police Model made in 2014.  Bought her last month.  Replaced the firing pin and spring and also put in the race hammer and lighter hammer spring.  I have a SIG 226 with a reduced power hammer spring, and a Beretta M9 with the D spring.  This thing blows both of them away in the double action trigger pull category.  The reset is still a tad longer than I would like and I could fix it with Cajun parts, but I think I am pretty happy the way she is.  Put the VZ grips on yesterday and it is remarkable how much slimmer they are over the factory stock plastic grips.  Also put on a set of Mep night sights.  They were super easy to change out with just a roll pin punch, brass punch and a small hammer and vise.  Used a file to cut the notch in the front sight for the pin.

Forgot to mention this pistol is extremely accurate also, 19 round easy to find mags (Greg Cote), will fit in most holsters designed for the Beretta M-9, reasonably priced.   What's not to like?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am selling all my Glocks now.  Well, not all of them, but some.   If it were not for sheer weight, I probably would sell more.  After Cajunizing a few parts on this one and a set of VZ grips, I think I have found the worlds most perfect pistol.  I am up to 500 + rounds and not a SINGLE malfunction or empty case to the forehead, Lol.

CZ-75 BD Police Model made in 2014.  Bought her last month.  Replaced the firing pin and spring and also put in the race hammer and lighter hammer spring.  I have a SIG 226 with a reduced power hammer spring, and a Beretta M9 with the D spring.  This thing blows both of them away in the double action trigger pull category.  The reset is still a tad longer than I would like and I could fix it with Cajun parts, but I think I am pretty happy the way she is.  Put the VZ grips on yesterday and it is remarkable how much slimmer they are over the factory stock plastic grips.  Also put on a set of Mep night sights.  They were super easy to change out with just a roll pin punch, brass punch and a small hammer and vise. Used a file to cut the notch in the front sight for the pin.

<a href="http://s557.photobucket.com/user/southrnshooter/media/CZ-75_zps5da87dac.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/southrnshooter/CZ-75_zps5da87dac.jpg</a>
View Quote

Can you explain this part a little more?  I was thinking about adding nihgt sights to me CZs, but having to cut a noth for them makes me think that I can never go back.  Please explain what you did and whether you can go back to the regular sights.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure, the front sight slides in from the front of the pistol.  There is a roll pin that goes from right to left through the slide near the center and bottom of the sight.  The part that is slid in the slide. When you drive the roll pin out to remove the old sight, it already has a small notch in it for that pin to slide through and hold it in place.  You then take a brass drift and tap the sight off the pistol.  It will slide out of the front of the slide.

Your new front sight will not come with this notch in it.  You can either cut the notch with a dremel wheel, a file, or put the sight in place and take a drill bit and drill it out from either side.  You are just making a small notch in the bottom of the sight for the roll pin to slide back through to keep the sight from sliding off the front of the gun.  

Someone please corrrect me if I am wrong, but I think that roll pin also holds the barrel bushing in place too?  Maybe?

I was nervous about doing it but it turned out to be a very simple job.  Hope this helps.  If you need more clarification, please ask or IM.

Edit.... and the notch your are cutting is in the bottom of the front sight, you are not cutting anything in the gun itself.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
And if you want to remove the night sights, just drive the pin out and swap for your old sights.  Nothing keeping you from swapping back.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone please corrrect me if I am wrong, but I think that roll pin also holds the barrel bushing in place too? Maybe?
View Quote

You are correct.

--
Mike
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are correct.

--
Mike
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Someone please corrrect me if I am wrong, but I think that roll pin also holds the barrel bushing in place too? Maybe?

You are correct.

--
Mike

Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that is bad a$$. I'm liking that a lot.
Debating between a SP01 tactical or a Kimber in 10mm.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a Kimber in 45 ACP, if I were making the decision, I would go with the CZ without hesitation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a Kimber in 45 ACP, if I were making the decision, I would go with the CZ without hesitation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am an avowed 1911 junkie.  I am also a 10mm fan.... I would also go with the SP01 Tac.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered my SP-01 can't wait to pick it up Fri.
I have looking around at Robar to get barrel coated and Cajun gun works for some up grades.
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:06:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just ordered my SP-01 can't wait to pick it up Fri.
I have looking around at Robar to get barrel coated and Cajun gun works for some up grades.
Thanks for the help.
View Quote

You can't beat Cajun..!  Their stuff is incredible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I had four Glock's.
Now I have one and three CZ's.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had four Glock's.

<a href="http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/jkh62/media/CZ%20compact/NCM_0108_zpspgsctdny.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/jkh62/CZ%20compact/NCM_0108_zpspgsctdny.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice, especially like the SP-01.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had four Glock's.

<a href="http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/jkh62/media/CZ%20compact/NCM_0108_zpspgsctdny.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/jkh62/CZ%20compact/NCM_0108_zpspgsctdny.jpg</a>

SP-01's are great. I love mine.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Stop telling people how great CZ pistols are I don't want to share
I saw that CGW Copperhead and now I need to fund it
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does anyone know how much the SP-01 Copperhead is running from CGW?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just call. David always answers. If I had to throw a ballpark number out I'd say about $1400 based off of the price of the gun, the work he does to it, and cerakote + laser engrave price.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just call. David always answers. If I had to throw a ballpark number out I'd say about $1400 based off of the price of the gun, the work he does to it, and cerakote + laser engrave price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I was planning to give them a call in the next week, just didn't know if anyone had already ordered one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I own both of these pistols.The only way i would choose the sp01, is if it was customized, by cgw, matt mink, or cz custom.Stock for stock, the kimber gets the nod.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I own both of these pistols.The only way i would choose the sp01, is if it was customized, by cgw, matt mink, or cz custom.Stock for stock, the kimber gets the nod.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it was $1200 for the p-01
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top