Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2015 9:06:39 PM EDT
Just scored this awesome PPS-43 in nah-meel.  I've been wanting one for awhile.  It's totally impractical as a handgun (would make a nice SBR) but it looks pretty cool.  Can't wait to shoot it!

" />
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score. Totally agree with your assessment. That is why I plan on applying for the SBR status shortly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a parts kit from Centerfire for $50. That'll score you three mags and a pouch. The other parts are just a bonus.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a parts kit from Centerfire for $50. That'll score you three mags and a pouch. The other parts are just a bonus.
View Quote

Parts kit is 7.62x25 and not everything will be compatible including the mags.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 7.62 mags work just fine with 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Is a very neat item.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the same gun and it works reasonably well as long as I keep it dripping wet with oil.  The primers like to flow a good bit and when the lube wears off it starts catching casings inside the cavernous receiver. I think this has to do with how the original firearm is designed for  open bolt operation and the bolt weight/recoil spring assembly is too light for reliable closed bolt functioning. Keep in mind they mill away the sear catch at the rear of the bolt and a clearance cut on top of the bolt further lightening the bolt assembly.  

After about 500 rounds, the gun got more reliable as far as not ejecting casings inside the receiver shell. Accuracy isn't bad if you use a longer sling and apply tension between the sling and the firearm. The FCG looks somewhat fragile, but has held up so far. The primer flow still worries me a little, but most of what I run is low power reloads. Only time will tell.

The $49 7.62x25mm kits with 3 magazines are an excellent source of extra mags since 9mm feeds perfectly through them. Keep the mags and toss the rest of the parts on eBay and the mags essentially become free!

For $299 it's a good conversation piece if nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two parts kits from Centerfire, one folder and one of the fixed stock kits.  

Note that I'm in Maryland, and they won't ship the mags to me.  Had to get the pictured mag in Pennsylvania at a gun show.  It is a 7.62x25 mag.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Some guy here posted a pic of his, it had a collapsible AR stock and a red dot, looked really cool.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some guy here posted a pic of his, it had a collapsible AR stock and a red dot, looked really cool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Found it.  You ain't lying, that is sweet!

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeesh that's ugly.  But hey, whatever twirls yer beanie.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had a real hankering for one of these since I first heard about them in a World War Two documentary.

In 9MM set up as an SBR it looks like a lovely little rig. Too bad we can't have FA with unlimited ammo. But what are you gonna do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top