Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2016 1:03:22 PM EDT
The EMP is failing to eject rounds. The spent case has good contact with the breach face and the extractor is holding it as intended. But the action stops when the spent casing hits the ejector. I have tried several types of ammunition with the exact same result.  Blaser 124 grn, Winchester 124 grn, Federal HST 124 grn.  Several different experienced shooters had the exact same result.  The action froze one time in this position and was very difficult to get it to cycle. I have shot maybe 250 rounds thru this pistol before this problem arose. This sounds like the problem several other EMP owner have had?

I call Springfield they gave me a return shipping label and said they would sort it out. The customer service so far is very good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
email sent
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Try 147's. Mine would not reliably shoot anything but 147's. I tried several 115's and 124's. Also try to stiff wrist it. I noticed that even a slight rotation in the hand at recoil caused increased issues. Once I went to 147's it all stopped. May not be what you want to hear...!
Winchester silver tips and PDX 147's worked flawless in mine.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Several people shot my EMP with different types of Ammo. With the same result. No limp wrist. All of us are veterans with many, many years of shooting experience. No one could get it to cycle it would stop when the case got to the ejector, it froze in this position one time and the armorer had to free up the slide. It is still at Springfield in line to be looked at. We tried everything we could think of ammo, operator and different magazines. No change in operation.
This is a great pistol and very accurate. Springfield will make it right I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I never got you e-mail drop_zone.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
On the EMP3 the ejector would rise up from the frame(they are not pinned just glued) and put enough drag on the pistol to not eject correctly or not cycle at all.
Mine had this problem, i cleaned it and reglued it down with red loctite.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
So I got my EMP 4 back from the Springfield Armory mother ship. They said it was a barrel fit issue. They refit the barrel and test fired three magazines thru it of different ammunition and gave it a clean bill of health. I will take it to the range this week and put it to the test. I'll let you all know how it does, but I am confident it will work.
I went to the range and put 200 rounds thru the EMP without a single issue. Then I attended a Steve Fisher handgun class and ran another 100 thru  it. The EMP is smooth and accurate without any issues, problem has been solved..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top