Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2014 10:49:08 PM EDT
Man this looks sweet.  May have to sell off another toy for this one, but we all know it will be pretty expensive the first few months until dealers can keep up with demand.

RO Compact
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That will be one sweet pistol.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Now why does the RO Compact get a FO and the 5" not?  I'm close to buying a FS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now why does the RO Compact get a FO and the 5" not?  I'm close to buying a FS.
View Quote

If I didn't have a loaded I would get the 5" first just to have a full size 1911.  The loaded is my only 1911 as of now, but the RO Compact may soon follow.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Great looking gun.  I really look forward to getting my hands on one.

Hking
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
So it's a LWCO without the rail, a little shorter grip and no ambi safety?  Ok, I guess.  Seems like an answer in search of a question.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So it's a LWCO without the rail, a little shorter grip and no ambi safety?  Ok, I guess.  Seems like an answer in search of a question.
View Quote

The Concealed Carry Officer (CCO) style 1911s have been out for a long while, originally started by colt and manufactured by Wilson, SIG, and Kimber as well fit the needs of the person that doesnt like a 3-3.5in 1911 preferring the 4-4.25in barrel but with the smaller frame of an officer.  

Great pistols that function well and add to the concealability of the gun, I have one of the Kimbers and plan on picking up one of these as well, only thing I dont like about the SA is the fiber optic front sight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish It had a full size grip and used standard mags...

I really like commander size 1911's, but I have no use for a 1911 that uses propriety mags

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I really like commander size 1911's, but I have no use for a 1911 that uses propriety mags

View Quote

It would use Officer's mags, they are readily available through most manufacturers and Wilson also makes 8rnd extended mags that will function properly in the gun.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It would use Officer's mags, they are readily available through most manufacturers and Wilson also makes 8rnd extended mags that will function properly in the gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to add full size 1911 magazines will also work (as in fit function), just stick out the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

to add full size 1911 magazines will also work (as in fit function), just stick out the bottom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will function unless the magazine is over inserted which can cause the gun to failure to cycle and may damage the ejector.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
If it had a steel frame, I would definatly own one. I have a full size and have absolutly no issues with carrying an all steel 1911. Wont even think about an allowy frame. Just simply not for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I was eyeing a FS but now the Compact is looking pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been wanting a officers size 1911, this might be the ticket.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm giving this thread a bump with a 500 rd report on my RO C

Sent it back for a couple issues, shot very high and trigger had more creep than a key west bar.
Both issues were fixed by springers warranty dept.  2 weeks door to door, great customer service.
They sent this test target back:

Took it out yesterday, first outing since I got it back. About 260 rds of 230 gr ball reloads.

I brought some other all steel 1911s for reference, but only fired 40 rds thru the 5" gun.  The ROC was too much fun.
Only mod was a bit of skate tape on the ROC

A couple mags from a rest at 15 yds did not look like the test target:

But I must have been milking the trigger, once I got off the rest and shot offhand, I was rewarded with this. 5-15 yds, many from concealed draw.  Picture windows in the right places

Got tired of taping targets, and had some fun.  A large can was well ventilated, some of these hits were from 30 yds.
Also put a handfull of 12 ga hulls into orbit from close range.

View of bay, beaut of a day in W CO

Here is a decent mag full from the 5" steel gun.  Not a fair comparison tho.  That thing is a laser.

My feelings on the ROC:
100% reliable so far
Decent sights and trigger, now.
Plenty accurate for its intended use
Carrys much easier than the 4.25 steel 1911.  Huge difference.
500 + rds in, I see no adverse wear, nor would I expect to.  Aluminum is our friend.
721.00 + tax = Great value  And I got in on the 3 free mag deal...total of 5 mags.
Only thing I will do is lose the ILS and put in a quality MSH
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Great report, I have one too it has been perfect to date.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Really a smokin deal at the price, I am happy with mine.  Put another 150 rds thru it the other day, still running 100%
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That will be one sweet pistol.
View Quote

You are correct.  I have owned a lot of 1911 pattern pistols.  This one is a keeper, and I may buy a second one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought one about a month ago and just got to shoot it Friday.  I like it, but the bottom of the grip safety really digs into my palm.  So much so, I had to stop shooting it because it was so uncomfortable.  Anyone thought about replacing for one with a smaller "bump"?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bought one about a month ago and just got to shoot it Friday.  I like it, but the bottom of the grip safety really digs into my palm.  So much so, I had to stop shooting it because it was so uncomfortable.  Anyone thought about replacing for one with a smaller "bump"?
View Quote

My GS is OK, The thumb safe was a cheese grater....They definitely cut a few corners to hit the price point.
I had been considering the colt wiley clap cco, they were nice and smooth, but nearly twice the $$

Still a nice blaster though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top