Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2014 7:06:21 PM EDT
Hey, I just bought a brand new Ruger LCP today. However, when fitted with the flat base plate the magazine will not lock into place. If I am using the finger extension and push it forward slightly it will lock, but not with the flat base plate. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, other than that it looks like a great little gun.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop being so gentle.  It might, also, be a good idea to download your magazines by 1 round until after that new mag spring has had a chance to take a set.  Slap the bottom of the magazine, twice, with the heel of your hand whenever you go to seat it - You should be able to feel or hear it snap into place.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Magazine is empty, just bought it today.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the exact same problem on a new stainless LCP I bought a few weeks ago.  The extended base plate worked fine, but the flat one prevented the magazine from inserting completely. I tried another flat base plate from an older LCP and it worked just fine. When comparing them, the newer flat base plate is slightly taller. You might try sanding a few thousandths off the top of the flat base plate.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the answers. I slapped it with my hand and it went right in. I am going to shoot it with both plates but will most likely be carrying it with the extended base plate. Hopefully, I will be taking it to the range today.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The mags are very hard to seat on my stainless LCP.  I've got to really smack them home.  I think that the baseplate to bottom of grip is almost a line-to-line fit when the mag catch locks into the mag.    A little work with a file would probably fix this.  Since this is just a carry pistol and I don't carry a spare mag, it doesn't bother me enough to fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top