Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2014 10:22:07 PM EDT
I like the custom covert 2 & grand raptor, can't decide. I do like the look of the custom covert.   I had a springfield black ss loaded target 1911 on order since January last year and come to find out the shop didn't send the order to springfield.  And I paid for it already.  I'm pissed.   Back to looking now.  Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I own 3 Kimbers: Warrior, TLE (4inch with rail), and Ultra Carry II (3 inch) with Crimson Trace Grips on it (Duracoated OD green and Flat black). All of them shoot great and I've had zero issues. I've seen some post with people mouthing Kimber and have yet to experience any issues that I've read about. I also own one of their 22 LR conversion kits, which is a blast to shoot. The only complaint that I have (so far) is that the safety on the Warrior is noted coated the same as the rest of the pistol and shows alittle wear.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
" />

I decided on the covert custom 2
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
" />

Custom covert 2
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
With you on all the Kimber rag. I was afraid to buy because of all the negative you see and I have to say it seems worse on here than other sites. I now own 2 and both have been without issue. I have the Tactical Ultra II and the Custom TLE/RL II. and love them both, I also have a Springfield Champion Operator and carry one of the 3 every day. Most the posters I would bet don't own one just repeating bullshit heard from someone else. They will also be the one's that say you have to spend $3000.00 plus to get a 1911 to work right or the one's that say my next one is going to be a Wilson. Let em talk while I keep shooting the shit out of my Kimber's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Golfnut, I'm looking Fwd to shooting mine.  Any experience with the kimtac pro mags?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Golfnut, I'm looking Fwd to shooting mine.  Any experience with the kimtac pro mags?
View Quote

I use the Kimtac mags for the Warrior and the TLE. No issues, they function great but they are close in price to the Wilson mags (when you can find them on sale). If I did it over again I would buy the Wilson mags, they appear a little better built.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
When I load the 8 rounds in the kimpro tac mags it won't go all the way in the mag well.  It's tight and won't click with the slide closed.  I don't know if that means the spring in the mag is tighttight or what.  I forced it once and the mag release button became stiff and I couldn't push the release button.  I had to pull on the slide to get it out.   Didn't do it again I don't want to damage anything.  So I left the mag loaded to see if it will help in a few days.   It works Fine with only  7 rounds.   I have not fired this pistol yet
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Warrior.  Next kimber purchase full size stainless Raptor...no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They feed great into my Warrior...but...the base pads occasionally fall off due to the screws not holding well.  Tighten to much and they strip.

I just use Wilson 47d's now...I don't need 3 different size pads which come with the kimtac mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I own 3 Kimbers: Warrior, TLE (4inch with rail), and Ultra Carry II (3 inch) with Crimson Trace Grips on it (Duracoated OD green and Flat black). All of them shoot great and I've had zero issues. I've seen some post with people mouthing Kimber and have yet to experience any issues that I've read about. I also own one of their 22 LR conversion kits, which is a blast to shoot. The only complaint that I have (so far) is that the safety on the Warrior is noted coated the same as the rest of the pistol and shows alittle wear.

<a href="http://s88.photobucket.com/user/jimkurtsey/media/P1030194.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k185/jimkurtsey/P1030194.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice series I Warrior....like mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top