Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:13:55 PM EDT
So I'm needing some mags for my new HK Mark 23 and was wondering will my HK USP 45 mags work in a pinch if I change the floor plates or is the body,follower,spring different ?
Or is just the bottom floor plate different?

The left is a Mark 23 mag the right is a USP 45 mag.

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mk23 mags are different. They look really similar, but they are slightly different and they don't work.

If I remember right the Mk23 mags have longer feed lips. I'd have to check my Mk23 mags against my USP Tac mags when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember right the Mk23 mags have longer feed lips.
View Quote
You are correct, sir.  The OP is also correct in that the floor plates are different.

I have used Mark 23 magazines in my USP 45s with no issues.  I have not yet tried USP 45 magazines (with Mark 23 floor plates) in my Mark 23.  I have read that the USP 45 magazine bodies will work, but they are not optimal.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
MK23 magazines are very similar but have longer feed lips and obviously a slightly different baseplate.  Supposedly they work ok if you swap the baseplate, but we can presume HK made them with longer feed lips for a reason, so stick with genuine MK23 mags.

MK23 magazines will however work perfectly in a USP 45, so if you add a Tactical down the line, you'll be all set.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top