Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/9/2017 6:43:06 AM EDT
Both my P2000 and SK models have the standard Meprolight 3 dot night sights installed from the factory.  I'm seeing a lot of guys running 3 dots but with a bright colored dot on front sight.  Is this the preferred setup for defensive/CCW use?  Assuming it is easier to pick up on the front sight post than the standard night sights.  I've also seen the "dot the I" style.  

I used Trijicon sights before but prefer the brightness of the Mepros.  What are my options?  What do you prefer..."3 dot setup" or "dot the i" setup?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mepro's are great. no need to spend money. When I don't have night sights I put on XS Big dots. I am 55 and older you get the harder it is to see smaller things. They work good for their intended purposes but don't expect precision shooting with them. If I were you I would leave the Mepro's alone unless they no longer illuminate
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I will second the "leave the Meps" sentiment. I looked at other options but none were worth the extra cash. I can pick up the stock Meps on my SK as well as the Pro I-Dots I had on my G19 in all light conditions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
My SK came from the factory with HK's glowy "sorta" night sights.  Same as my HK45. Only my VP9 came with factory tritium night sights.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Trijicon HD sights better than the standard 3 dot Meprolights, but not enough to swap out a functioning set.  I have them on one pistol, the standard mepros on two others, and standard trijicons on another.  I shoot fine with all of them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd leave the stock night sights.  If you can't see the front, paint it bright orange.

Trijicon HDs are ridiculous sights.  They make the back end of the pistol a hazard to your skin and they chew holes in shirts.  About like the Warren Tactical sights.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to get a pair of the new Trijicon HD XR's when I can find them in stock.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top