Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/23/2014 11:44:00 PM EDT
Nevermind, HK says the gun is ok, it's just how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not experienced that with mine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Very helpful posts, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not noticed that with mine either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, ....... you may be an, 'experienced shooter'; but, personally, I'd pay money to get any plastic pistol I own to do that!  

(You're definitely coming off the trigger too fast.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I haven't either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't either.

This.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are welcome.  When you visit with HK, you can truthfully say that you have several acquaintances who have not experienced this with their vp9s.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]
When are you resetting your trigger?  Are you coming off the trigger entirely?   I put nearly 1k through a vp9 pistol last week and i did not feel any slap like those Yugoslavia ak's.  As a matter of fact I had zero  conscious thoughts about the trigger other than managing take up before the break.  I simply and completely impressed by this handgun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You are welcome.  When you visit with HK, you can truthfully say that you have several acquaintances who have not experienced this with their vp9s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When I shoot my VP9 the trigger slaps the shit out of your finger like a $300 century AK.  Disappointed is an understatement.    My friend, who is also an experienced shooter, noticed the slap as well. I'll be calling HK Mon morning to see what they have to say.
View Quote

Please post HK's response to your problem.
I think this is the first time this issue has surfaced?

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Forgive me, I've never fired a Century AK.  What is 'slap?'
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm shooting from the reset, I'm not coming off the trigger.  In 15yrs I've never had a gun do this.  Like I said, different shooter experienced the same thing.

I'll post what HK says tomorrow, but something is wrong with the gun and it's going back to get fixed or it's getting sold.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When I shoot my VP9 the trigger slaps the shit out of your finger like a $300 century AK.  Disappointed is an understatement.    My friend, who is also an experienced shooter, noticed the slap as well. I'll be calling HK Mon morning to see what they have to say.
View Quote

H&K will tell you to stop doing what you are doing and the problem will cease.  Do not expect a lot of help
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't either.

This.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Like everyone else, I have yet to experience any trigger slap with mine.  I have around 500 rounds through mine.  My trigger did have a very small amount of creep before breaking ( like a carrot breaking so to speak) the shot off but now it's gone.( more like a candy cane)  Love the trigger on mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like the gun, but I do experience trigger slap when shooting it too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
H&K will tell you to stop doing what you are doing and the problem will cease.  Do not expect a lot of help
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, I sent an email to HK yesterday, in late afternoon and got a response early morning today. Answered my question in a very polite manner. No where did they tell me that I suck and that they hate me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Funny, I sent an email to HK yesterday, in late afternoon and got a response early morning today. Answered my question in a very polite manner. No where did they tell me that I suck and that they hate me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol sent them an email.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
From the HK website:

"It (VP9) has a short, light take-up with a solid, single action type break followed by a short positive reset."

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a TRAP!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
While my range time on the VP9 is limited, I've yet to expereince any kind of slap. I reset the gun during recoil so maybe thats making a difference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#23]
The trough in the trigger guard gets my finger. Trigger snap not so much. It is rather unpleasant and had spurred me to swap it for a CZ SP01, fwiw.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#24]
No trigger slap in mine. Sweet gun so far with 150 rounds through with zero failures.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

*Update- HK is closed this week for inventory.  
View Quote
My friend likes to ride the reset, he didn't get slapped. I don't ride the reset, I didn't get slapped. Not seeing your issue.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top