Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/10/2016 1:08:32 PM EDT
I recently acquired a mustang xsp (my first colt) and after leaving my problematic .380 bodyguard I have been reading all I could about the mustang.  After a night of reading and a range day I have a few questions about it.

When loading the mag full only one of the mag FTF the first round because the the bullet nose dives. How can I fix this?

Which leads me to my next question. This only happened with AE ammo but Fiocchi worked fine. But for some reason 2 RO told me colt does NOT recommend the use of fiocchi ammo because its too hot and could wear out the pistol much faster or cause problems. I have never heard of this but I never had a colt before so I dont know.

Anyone know if this is true or just a myth?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Fiocchi ammo for years and never had a problem, mostly 9mm and .45acp. It is full power ammo. I wouldn't call it "hot", its just not loaded "light" like most US production ammo,(AE, UMC, etc....).
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not had any issues with my XSP using SIG 100gr FMJ, Winchester Train 95gr or Magtech 95gr. The first two have a truncated cone shape and the Magtech is a traditional round nose and I've noticed no difference in feel or how they feed.

As far as Fiocci, I would probably follow Colt's advice. No need to wear the Mustang out, even with it's dual recoil spring set-up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard that about Fiocchi ammo, and I have shot a bunch through my XSP.  As for the nose dive I would guess it is a magazine problem.  Could be the spring, follower, or feed lips.  Those magazines are made by Metalform, so I bought a few blued ones from Greg Cote as spares.  All four of my mags work fine with all types of ammo though.

The 6 rounder's are the same as factory.
XSP Magazines
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top