Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/20/2015 7:22:01 PM EDT
I have an 8" model in similar condition I picked up for $350 8 years ago.  It was from now dead coworker that needed money.  I offered $600 (not sure what they were going for back then but thought at the time that that was a reasonable price) but he was VERY insistent on $350, so I agreed with the condition that I would sell it back to him at $350 if he ever wanted it back.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it sold, so it must be realistic.

At some level.

But not to me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Much higher than they sell for around here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Stupid money.

$1500 tops around here and even that is too high in my opinion when you can pick up a Python for around the same money.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stupid money.

$1500 tops around here and even that is too high in my opinion when you can pick up a Python for around the same money.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking.  That was the only auction with bids that I could find for a stainless 8" model.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking.  That was the only auction with bids that I could find for a stainless 8" model.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid money.

The longer 8'' revolvers usually don't tend to go for as much as the 4'' models. While I do have a longer Ruger SRH for hunting, 6'' is tops for everything else and 4'' is better for me. Some of the snubbie Colts like the Python can go for far more then the longer barreled one's.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
And to think the King Cobra was the cheap Python.  

Gun buyers have gone completely off the deep end on Colt revolvers.  It is beyond insanity.  What's worse is this madness is creeping into the Smith and Wesson world.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
That is crazy! I bought  a King Cobra Elite NIB off the EE two years ago for $850, and I thought I did good when I sold it for $1200. Man, I should have held on to it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top