Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2016 12:12:08 AM EDT
We are cleaning out my grandparents house and found an old PT908 my grandmother bought in about '94-95... It's in the box unfired. My 20 year old cousin that lives in another state will be getting it. She lives in another state and I don't see her more than about once a year. We're these discontinued? Any decent holsters available? Any mags fit these besides Taurus 908 mags?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
why aren't you getting it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are discontinued. They were replaced by the 800 series with the polymer frame.
That one has an 8 round mag I think. I had a PT945 that was a good gun, accurate, not picky about ammo, decent trigger, but it hammer bit me bad. Mags are still around but a bit pricey.

Nice find.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My cousin is in her early 20s and likes guns but she only has like a deer rifle and a .22

She'll put it to good use! I just wish I could help her find a semi decent holster for it since it's kind of an odd ball. Maybe something for a Sig 225 would fit?

I can live with out my grandmother's pt908, I am more interested in getting my grandads 85. He carried it most every day, but it I don't get it I am not going to cry. I have the memories with him. It's not like it was ever a gun I lusted after like my other grand fathers Pre 64 model 70 and model 94. This grandfather was more utilitarian in his gun and tool purchases. I am getting some of his old Barlow knives, an old Shrade Old Timer lock blade. I was also able to snag his Louis Lamour paper back collection.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Might check to see if it's on the recall list.  I'm not familiar w/ the estate rules, but my guess is it will have to go through an FFL, your cousin being a resident of a different state.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might check to see if it's on the recall list.  I'm not familiar w/ the estate rules, but my guess is it will have to go through an FFL, your cousin being a resident of a different state.
View Quote

Correct. I'll look for recalls.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The answers you seek are here.  http://www.taurusarmed.net/  The source for all things Taurus.
Top Top