Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 2:53:05 AM EDT
Looking at picking up one of these and haven't seen a good comparison anywhere of the red vs green. The green is supposedly easier for the eye to pick up, but is it that much brighter than the red?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on light. Green is easier to see. And I like green over red just personal preference.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on your eyes..... Red light is easier for my eyes to pick up hence why my FO sights are red.  For some green light is easier to pick up and this comes down to personal preference.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Once you've used a green laser you can never go back to red.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Went with the green and am a bit disappointed. The green diode Streamlight uses is much more vibrant than the Surefire. The Surefire is a bit blue, and looks a tiny bit washed out. I don't believe it's worth the extra cost over the red. If you want a green laser, the Streamlight is the way to go.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used a number of red and green laser sights from Surefire, Streamlight, and Laser Devices. I agree that the green laser is easier to see in low light and especially brighter light conditions. I no longer buy lasers unless they are the green laser. Oh, and it's nonsense to compare a green/red laser to green/red tritium night sights. That's not a valid comparison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top