Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2015 12:44:32 PM EDT
Well picking up a S&W SD9VE this weekend already have it reserved . I am a AR guy and not into the handgun scene but I believe this will change with this SD9. I currently own a Kel Tec PF9 for personal defense and shoot at the range once a month or so as I do not like shooting it very much. It is too small for my hand . The sd9 fits me well and feels good.   Now I wanted to purchase a nice hard case for it to carry to the range and so that can carry 3-4 mags and maybe a light or so . Can anyone recommend a good case for it maybe with a combo lock on it and or leather or aluminum. I did not want a plastic one but will get it if designed well. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Smith & Wessons come in a plastic box with egg crate foam inside.  (the SD9VE is an exception to this)

Why not get a S&W box from EBAY or GUNBROKER?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea you are right the SD9VE does not come with a case. Well I just thought someone will post the hot new set up but I started looking and found a few nice ones that cost more than the gun I am buying hahaha. the S&W case is looking good for $14
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Trigger pull on those SD9VE is horrible. I will say mine was completely reliable and over 1000 rnds later still running perfect. Was my first hangun purchase years ago. I passed it on to a friend years ago as his first handgun as well. He still has it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trigger pull on those SD9VE is horrible. I will say mine was completely reliable and over 1000 rnds later still running perfect. Was my first hangun purchase years ago. I passed it on to a friend years ago as his first handgun as well. He still has it.
View Quote

It is not terrible, just different.   It strokes exactly like a double action revolver.   not a feather weight trigger that can easily be set off (especially if you are startled), but with a bit of practice, you can shoot both smoothly and quickly.

For the BANG for the buck, it is an outstanding value!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well picking up a S&W SD9VE this weekend already have it reserved . I am a AR guy and not into the handgun scene but I believe this will change with this SD9. I currently own a Kel Tec PF9 for personal defense and shoot at the range once a month or so as I do not like shooting it very much. It is too small for my hand . The sd9 fits me well and feels good.   Now I wanted to purchase a nice hard case for it to carry to the range and so that can carry 3-4 mags and maybe a light or so . Can anyone recommend a good case for it maybe with a combo lock on it and or leather or aluminum. I did not want a plastic one but will get it if designed well. Thanks
View Quote

PSA had some metal lock mini-safes on clearance sale recently.

Might also check Academy.   They have are frequently on sale for less than $40 bucks including the lock cables.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have three of them, well two SD9s and one SD9VE.  They all have the same trigger, and I've also owned several M&Ps of various configurations.  The stock M&P trigger is about equal to the SD9 trigger IMHO, I have an M&P 45 that has the full APEX trigger package and it's almost like a tuned 1911 trigger.  I have not tried improving the SD9 trigger as I think it's about perfect for a carry/home defense gun.
Top Top