Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2012 8:41:16 PM EDT
Just bought a Liberty Colonial 23 gun safe and it was delivered today.  Got it in the house and will bolt it down after work tomorrow.
Questions:
1)  I will be bolting it to a wood floor.  The floor is 1/2 plywood over 3 inch sub-floor planking.  I plan on using 5 inch lag bolts with large washers.  The nuts w/a washer will be inside and bolt head under the sub-floor - and I am thinking of using nylon locking nuts.  I am thinking that this will make it very secure.  Thoughts??
There is a punch out at the bottom of the safe w/ plug that the dehumidifier plug goes to.  As I am installing this in a closet, I will have to install an outlet in the closet.  No problem as there is a plug next to the closet that I can piggyback off of.  
2)  Question is, the dehumidifier is pretty small and I know they normally go in the back.  With the relatively small rifle rack area on the side, I would like a larger Golden Rod, such as a 24" one and want to put it on the floor up towards the door as there are no obstructions, such as the shelf support.  Is there a concern with this, other then being careful not to whack it with rifle buts.  Anyone else mount it up front?
3)  Is the Golden Rod dehumidifier enough, or do I need to add a Remington Mini-Dehumidifier recommended?
Thank you for your input.  Any other suggestions?

Top Top