Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2014 8:54:05 PM EDT
Any reason not to carry this in a compact 45? I like the fact that it can penetrate and that the plug can help to mitigate clogging of the hollow point. I also like the fact that it's almost as big as the standard 45 auto round.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any reason not to carry this in a compact 45? I like the fact that it can penetrate and that the plug can help to mitigate clogging of the hollow point. I also like the fact that it's almost as big as the standard 45 auto round.
View Quote

The fact that Hornady's FTX rounds are unproven in actual shootings is the #1 reason why not to use this ammo. If you want to be Hornady's guinea pig, feel free to use it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Works fine per all the test results i have seen, 12-16 inches in gelatin
Full expansion
Is a good round to shoot through windshield  glass or drywall   if you needto try to hit your target
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
At one point every load was in the same position.

I sell most of the big brands of LE ammo. My Springfield 1911 has this Hornady round in it right now. My Colt has either Ranger or HST in it right now. I can not remember for sure.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If I were using a Hornady projectile it would be their XTP
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I were using a Hornady projectile it would be their XTP
View Quote

I do have 200 gr XTPs only 17 of them now and I don't know where to get more though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 13 Hornady Critocal Duty 220g +P in my Glock 41 right now. I know they are new to the defensive ammo world but from the test Ive seen and from shooting a few boxes I feel they will perform great.

One thing about Hornadys flex tip is they will expand no matter what barrier or clothing gets in the way.  I also like the fact that its a fast round and out of the G41 5.3 inch barrel they are going a good bit over 1000 fps, wich come out to 500+ ft. lbs. of energy.

Federal HST is also an awesome round

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top