Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Not what you asked, but this works for me. I think it would solve your problems.

First off, my pistol is always loaded. If it's not on me it's locked up. If you can't afford a safe right now, there are lockable cabinets like the stack on. They might not stop a man with a pry bar, but if your kids can defeat them, they are old enough and smart enough to know proper gun safety.

When I take off the gun, I just leave it in the holster. The trigger is covered, the gun is safe. The only time I have to clear the chamber is for practice. After the cartridge has been rechambered a few times, it goes in my range ammo. Having that random hollow point periodically cycled keeps me confident that my gun will cycle my carry ammo.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:05:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Red locktite for the win.  Three weeks now......  Can't hardly tell it's there once you wipe off the excess.
View Quote

Just curious but could Red LocTite between the bullet and the case significantly increase developed pressure? I know of several loads that get hot with minor overages in seating depth, over-crimping, etc. I have no experience in applying LocTite as a bullet seal so I am asking a question.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My dude really slathered red Loctite all over a chambered round and called that a win...

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just curious but could Red LocTite between the bullet and the case significantly increase developed pressure? I know of several loads that get hot with minor overages in seating depth, over-crimping, etc. I have no experience in applying LocTite as a bullet seal so I am asking a question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Red locktite for the win.  Three weeks now......  Can't hardly tell it's there once you wipe off the excess.

Not really sure,  my gut says no, but I haven't been to the range cause it so cold out.  If I have a GD thread next week about my missing fingers I guess we will know.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you really put locktite on a round, in the chamber of your weapon?

Troll threads (which I PRAY this is) belong in GD. Not here.

Riding the slide forward on your weapon is also a completely acceptable practice to load ammunition multiple times. On every pistol I own, you can easily tell if you are even a hair out of battery. There is nothing unsafe about it. Is it common practice to load at the range like that? No. That ammo only gets loaded once.

Who said I was worried about pressure spikes?

You. When you started this thread. The whole point of avoiding bullet setback is to avoid catastrophic pressure increases.

Ditch your locktite round, before you either gum up your chamber or blow up your gun, and get yourself a pair of calipers to measure OAL. Load it however you want, just keep an eye on overall length.

If you're not riding the slide, you may want to test-load the round about 40 or 50 times, to see if they will still go bang at the end. (After checking OAL of course). I've never seen any evidence of it happening, due to the fact that most ammo is never chambered more than once, but priming compound could be knocked loose by repeated hard chamberings.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I am done asking for advice on arfcom about anything mechanical.

I bet I have wasted more locktite then most people in this thread have ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#8]
You came here, started a thread asking for advice, got several great responses full of good advice from other people that carry daily.

Then you went and put loctite on your ammo

We are not the ones that need help.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You came here, started a thread asking for advice, got several great responses full of good advice from other people that carry daily.

Then you went and put loctite on your ammo

We are not the ones that need help.
View Quote

Fuck off.  I was done asking for help long ago.  I only updated this thread to say locktite worked.  The. You had to jump in with more personal attacks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]
And we're done.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top