Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 10:04:10 AM EDT
I recently traded in my .40 S&W Shield for a 9mm Performance Center Shield. The Performance Center trigger is better than the stock Shield trigger, especially before break in,  but I was wondering how it compared to Apex's Shield trigger (Brownells). If I decided to go with the Apex, I'd go with the full action enhancement kit.

Is there a noticeable difference between the Performance Center trigger and the Apex? If so, is that improvement worth $152?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PC full size l40 and a shield with the full replacement Apex parts with the metal slanted trigger.  Both are different and both have their issues. Again, I have the slanted trigger and not the flat face Apex trigger on my shield. However if you did not pull low on this trigger, the trigger safety will not disengage completely. This prevents the trigger from firing. Apex may have corrected this issue but I'm not sure if this is the case. The trigger safety is not like the trigger safety on the HK vp9 which disengages from the middle to the bottom of the trigger

The apex is crisp and has a far more tactile reset than the original trigger and the PC 40l.  The apex trigger had a lighter pull than the original trigger and the PC 40l at first: Now the PC trigger is just as light as my Apex shield trigger after shooting the hell out of it but is not as crisp has the apex due to the hinged trigger.  I probably will not replace the trigger on my pc40l with the apex because of the trigger safety issue and the small difference in performance.  It just is not worth the $150 extra in my opinion.

With that said the apex trigger was a big jump from the original standard shield trigger but not so much with the PC model after shooting the hell out of it.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top