Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2014 9:57:01 PM EDT
I bought a CS9 off a member on the S&W forum and just picked it up today. It's in excellent condition inside and out and I only had to clean the inside a little. It came with three mage that are also in excellent condition so I'm pretty happy. :)

As soon as I got it home I cleaned it and removed the mag disconnect. I also had a 39 magazine base plate and retainer ready to modify to fit the mag that would be carried in the gun. It worked out perfectly after taking some material off the base plate and just a little off the retainer. It's a small gun, but less printing is better and I'm used to shooting guns with a two finger grip. I also like that it has a single sided safety since this will be a future carry gun.

I have a set of 3913TSW grips and a longer grip pin that I'll try to modify later so I don't need to worry about a shirt hanging up. Now it's time to take it to the range and see what it can do.

The only additional thing I may do is put a rear metal sight on it. I know the later CS9s came with metal sights, but I can't find one anywhere online. I'll call a few sources, but if anyone knows of a rear metal sight for sale then let me know. ;) I also want to avoid spending a bunch on night sights if possible.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That's very nice! I keep lusting after one of those but can't seem to lay my hands on one. I just went the opposite direction and purchased a 4506 yesterday though.

FWIW, if you need more mag base plates, the the flat plastic 3913 base plates are still available if you look around, and while not as small as your setup, they're quite a bit smaller than the ones with the pinkie extension.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I found some of my holsters work for it as well.

Bianchi 9A

Bianchi 10A which fits better than the 9A.

Winthrop made for the XDS
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I got the 3913 Hogue grips in, reshaped the insert it came with, shortened the 5906 grip pin, rounded the ends and touched them up with some cold blue. I then heated up a small metal pick and pushed it through from the inside of the grips, used a hand drill slowly from the outside stepping up bit sizes slowly.  I got it dead center right off the bat so everything went smoothly.

They're on there tight and feel great in the hand. They're not perfectly straight, but it doesn't matter to me since it's now one step closer to being carried and it looks just like most BigDog grips I've seen on other CS9s.

There was no need to cut away anything for the side plate.

I also changed out the rear plastic sight with one from a 3913. Both are the same height, but I did have to remove some material to make it fit. The reason why I changed the rear sight is because it moved easily with a light tap from a plastic tipped jewelers hammer. It's plastic and has no set screw like the metal type so it was a must for me.

I shot it last Saturday as you see it in the pictures and all went very well. I need to take it out for another trip soon to see what defense ammo works best in it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I got the 3913 Hogue grips in, reshaped the insert it came with, shortened the 5906 grip pin, rounded the ends and touched them up with some cold blue. I then heated up a small metal pick and pushed it through from the inside of the grips, used a hand drill slowly from the outside stepping up bit sizes slowly.  I got it dead center right off the bat so everything went smoothly.

They're on there tight and feel great in the hand. They're not perfectly straight, but it doesn't matter to me since it's now one step closer to being carried and it looks just like most BigDog grips I've seen on other CS9s.

https://i.imgur.com/c9pk4oS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yS3XVrJ.jpg
There was no need to cut away anything for the side plate.
https://i.imgur.com/SZIa3ZX.jpg

I also changed out the rear plastic sight with one from a 3913. Both are the same height, but I did have to remove some material to make it fit. The reason why I changed the rear sight is because it moved easily with a light tap from a plastic tipped jewelers hammer. It's plastic and has no set screw like the metal type so it was a must for me.

https://i.imgur.com/hhuIhD7.jpg

I shot it last Saturday as you see it in the pictures and all went very well. I need to take it out for another trip soon to see what defense ammo works best in it.
View Quote

Damn good work!

Might need you to do a set for me...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Very, very nice. I keep looking for a CS9 I can afford. I think one would make a very nice Yin to my 4506's Yang.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top