Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 4:48:37 PM EDT
i want to get a couple of small new style backstraps.  Are they for sale yet to the open market?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you calling new style backstraps?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you calling new style backstraps?
View Quote

I'm assuming the newer style from the Pro series.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Not from S&W, I spoke to them about a week ago and also mentioned I was looking for one, they didn't have any in stock, and won't sell them separately.

They pop up on the auction sites from time to time in the $20-$40 range.  There's also some yahoo selling his unused small and large for $60 ea on several forums...unsuccessfully so far it seems.  Depends on how bad someone really wants one I guess.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not from S&W, I spoke to them about a week ago and also mentioned I was looking for one, they didn't have any in stock, and won't sell them separately.

They pop up on the auction sites from time to time in the $20-$40 range.  There's also some yahoo selling his unused small and large for $60 ea on several forums...unsuccessfully so far it seems.  Depends on how bad someone really wants one I guess.
View Quote

i would like one, but not that badly.  its ok, i will just wait
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
S&W was first only putting them on the CORE.  Then they put them on the Pro.  Just wait and the hope is they will put them on all of their M&Ps.  Don't be an idiot and pay $50 for a freaking backstrap.

And the short answer is no.  I went to an armorer's course a few weeks back and everyone was asking the instructor about them.  They aren't available through any normal channels for anyone that doesn't want to buy a Pro.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I think they only come on Core's now - I didn't realize standard Pro Series' guns ever had them - mine sure didn't :(.  A quick check of S&W.com shows all the non-core pro's with standard backstraps, so if they did previously, it looks like S&W changed back to the standard.

I agree, no point in paying that kind of scratch for one - just keep watching the auction sites they pop up every now and then.  Or just get a stippled one, it'll be just as good, really.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of the new small backstraps. If anyone wants to trade for a small AND medium standard type let me know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think they only come on Core's now - I didn't realize standard Pro Series' guns ever had them - mine sure didn't :(.  A quick check of S&W.com shows all the non-core pro's with standard backstraps, so if they did previously, it looks like S&W changed back to the standard.

I agree, no point in paying that kind of scratch for one - just keep watching the auction sites they pop up every now and then.  Or just get a stippled one, it'll be just as good, really.
View Quote

My 2 non core pro's bought this year had the CORE style straps, which I prefer over the std style. Unfortunately I had to sell my 4.25" pro but the buyer uses the Med strap, so I was able to keep the small for future purchases.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Pros all come with the new CORE Style backstraps now.  S&W just never updated the website picture.

I don't get why they don't just release that backstrap for all the guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
As cheap as the regular backstraps are, just stipple one yourself.  I attempted it for the first time last night, and there isn't much to it.  I usually completely fuck up anything that requires even the slightest amount of finesse, but I think this turned out decent.  It doesn't look as good as some pro jobs, but I've seen MUCH worse.  This was honestly a "practice run" on the small backstrap since I don't use it normally.  I'm going to practice again on the large backstrap before doing the medium since it's the one I use.  You can screw up a lot of backstraps before you've spent $50.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Pros all come with the new CORE Style backstraps now.  S&W just never updated the website picture.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah... I did buy used, so either the original owner kept them, or an opportunistic LGS employee helped himself to them...

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, so what's the difference between this unobtainable backstrap and the one that comes with the standard M&P?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ok, so what's the difference between this unobtainable backstrap and the one that comes with the standard M&P?
View Quote

The Core/Pro Series backstrap is more aggressively stippled from the factory, basically.  No other difference.

As mentioned earlier, one can achieve the same benefits by getting the standard backstrap stippled, or ordering one already done - see pictures a few posts above as an example...

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, thanks! I think I'd just stipple my own before paying for a new one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top