Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 6:09:26 PM EDT
I'm still kind of not believing I just made this trade. I had a savage model 10T with a SWFA ss 10x and a Harris bipod that I was trying to sell or trade for $800.

Guy on one of those Facebook groups tells me he has a new Sig p226 legion in 9mm with a holster and mag carrier he'd trade straight up. I couldn't get a meeting set up fast enough lol.

Anyway, made the deal and I haven't quite smiling. He knew I was coming out on top so I didn't feel bad about it. 

Now to my question. It looks unfired but has some handling marks from being in a kydex holster which you can see a little bit of in the pictures. What could I reasonably ask for it and what should I expect it to sell at?

I'm not trying to sell in this thread, more of a what is it worth deal. I see some on the ee around 1k-1150. He said it was new and he never shot it. Does have handling marks like I said.

On to the pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Great trade! Keep the fucking Legion it is a great combat pistol. Stop being cheap and trying to beat the gun Gods. I had to sell 3 firearms just to get the seed money for my P226 Legion.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pistol!  You done good.

I have the P229 Legion in .357 and if I were to bu another it would be the P226.  

You need to check on the Sig website to see if he's registered it there.  If not you should be able to get the case and coin that goes with it (free).

I would keep it.  I got mine for $1,050 from a garage FFL, so I would venture $800 to $900 for that one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
hell yeah! You did good
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great trade! Keep the fucking Legion it is a great combat pistol. Stop being cheap and trying to beat the gun Gods. I had to sell 3 firearms just to get the seed money for my P226 Legion.
View Quote
Lol I know I know. I never make good deals like this. It does feel amazing in the hands..and the trigger..wow. My original intent for selling my rifle in the first place was to get a cz scorpion evo. Or maybe even an mpx now that it could be a possibility.

I'm going to break it down and try to see if it truly is unfired. If it looks like it hasn't been fired, I'll have a hard time bring myself to shoot it if I decide to let it go. Decision decision.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
shoot the shit out of it
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
mine loves the winchester 124 gr nato white box. its a keeper.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I broke it down and if it has been shot, I doubt it was more than 50rds. How does the finish on these guns hold up? I'm reading that they tend to quickly wear from holsters.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I broke it down and if it has been shot, I doubt it was more than 50rds. How does the finish on these guns hold up? I'm reading that they tend to quickly wear from holsters.
View Quote
They do wear easily compared to other finishes but still an awesome pistol. Good job!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They do wear easily compared to other finishes but still an awesome pistol. Good job!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good deal. I'm never to worried about finish wear if I think I will keep something for a while. I'm thinking I may keep it. Feels like such a nice handgun. 

I also submitted my registration online. I don't think the previous owner registered the gun because he would have offer the case with it. We shall see in a few days.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Why would you holster that bad boy? It deserves to be your H/D and range toy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it stolen?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is it stolen?
View Quote
Haha I feel like I stole it. He actually had the receipt in the box from when he bought it last December. 

And yea I think it'll be my night stand and range gun for sure.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haha I feel like I stole it. He actually had the receipt in the box from when he bought it last December. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it stolen?

We didn't mean to shame you into keeping it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I do with my legion. Glocks get carried and beat up. Legion gets night stand and range love.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's what I do with my legion. Glocks get carried and beat up. Legion gets night stand and range love.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You boys are silly.  This isn't some handmade custom marvel.  It's a damn Sig P226!!

I just bought one off Gunbroker for $825.  Looks pristine.  I plan to replace my P220 duty gun with it once I test the reliability.  I often carry a German P226 off duty so my Legion may take on that roll as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought my P229 Legion specifically for carry. But then, I don't own any safe queens or range-only pistols.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought my P229 Legion specifically for carry. But then, I don't own any safe queens or range-only pistols.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Legion2-213251.JPG
View Quote
How do you like that holster? Thinking of getting one for my MK25.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like it ....a little.  For the money I think I would have been much happier with a quality leather pancake holster.  It's a little hard to explain but if you were looking straight down at the gun in the holster - the gun's butt is not rotated towards the body; it's really kind of straight.  So if you're wearing it at 3-o-clock (or a little fore or aft) the butt sticks out noticeably.  They should have molded the holster with the pistol rotated such that the butt was rotated toward the body.  I contacted the manufacturer but they didn't seem to care.

So it makes a good range holster or for times when I'm carrying concealed and don't care about how well concealed it is, but for as much as they're asking I think I would have rather gotten a nice Lobo enhanced pancake or something similar.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like it ....a little.  For the money I think I would have been much happier with a quality leather pancake holster.  It's a little hard to explain but if you were looking straight down at the gun in the holster - the gun's butt is not rotated towards the body; it's really kind of straight.  So if you're wearing it at 3-o-clock (or a little fore or aft) the butt sticks out noticeably.  They should have molded the holster with the pistol rotated such that the butt was rotated toward the body.  I contacted the manufacturer but they didn't seem to care.

So it makes a good range holster or for times when I'm carrying concealed and don't care about how well concealed it is, but for as much as they're asking I think I would have rather gotten a nice Lobo enhanced pancake or something similar.
View Quote
I agree. Tried to carry it today, but just wasn't feeling it. Definitly will use during the cooler months. I did though, order the holster directly through BPT, so I was able to get it with a cant. That may make the difference for some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top