Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2015 11:00:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know what these federal agencies are using for ccw. IWB, pancake etc. I have no clue but want the best for plain clothes with my 229. Any help is appreciated. Personal non Leo experience is welcome as well. Please keep in mind this will be worn under a well fitted jacket and trousers. Some form of retention is wanted, thumb break etc.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a galco summer comfort for my p226 and I love it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
No standard holster for duty. The Galco Sky Ops is pretty popular. I use three or four different rigs myself, but prefer a belly band type setup.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate thumb breaks myself - the late great Lou alessi said if your holster needs a thumb break for retention it was not made right!
I prefer several products from Ritchie gun leather know him
Personally great product last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The DeSantis thumb break pancake is issued for quals. But for duty they have the freedom to use what they like.

I have used a cheap desantis IWB for years and despite spending hundreds of dollars on every type of concealment holster, I keep going back to the old desantis...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top