Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2006 6:59:36 PM EDT
I need some advice.  I was at the range today and the slide on my G30 would lock back as if the clip was empty, but sometimes it wasn't empty.  Sometimes there were a few rounds still in the clip.  What should or can I do?
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your thumb bumping the slide lock under recoil?
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure you weren't pushing up on the slide stop with your thumb?

Also, if it's a 3 pin frame, check to make sure the slide stop spring is under the top pin, and not over it.

Edited to change "release" to "stop". Can't help it, I've shot 1911's allot.........
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is your thumb bumping the slide lock under recoil?

I've seen this a few times.  Perhaps this is your issue?  Ever happened before?  How many rounds through the 30?
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot a little under 1000 rounds and NEVER had this problem.  So no it's not me or my thumb messin up.  I think it is the slide spring.  Because I just installed the extened release.  I replaced the spring like you said SPIFF.  It actually feels a little smother thanks SPIFF.  I'll have to wait till my next day off to hit the range up and see if it has made a difference.  I'll let you all know how it goes when I find out my self.  Thanks for all your help everyone.

Link Posted: 8/17/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thumb is hitting slide stop.  Have seen it many many times.  EXtended slide stop will make it worse.  Learn to shoot properly and your problem will be cured.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
This might help:
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I repositioned my spring and it feels much better.  I'll let you all know how it's working out when I get a chance to hit the range again. Thanks everyone...
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top