Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 9:43:14 PM EDT
So I drank the koolaid and bought a 40 MOS. Since its a relatively new pistol a lot of the product descriptions for most of the aftermarket goodies on the web don't explicitly say whether they are compatible with the glock 40, and this being my first glock I'm in the dark about model variations. These are my questions..

What trijicon tall sights are compatible with the 40 slide, is there a real difference between the dovetail from a 17 to a 20 to a 40? My pistol had trijicons installed but they are the standard height ones with the rear hanging behind the slide and I will probably ditch them for suppressor height irons and a RMR at some point.

Will G20 mags work with the G40?

Is there a grip plug for the 40, or a compatible version?

Could I slap a G20 slide on the G40 frame if I wanted a more compact option for ccw?

Thats about it for now, thanks in advance. The glock info thread doesn't have much info on this model either so I figured a thread with this info would help.

You know how the search function works here..
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The G40 has the same frame as the 20, 21, and 41. Swapping on a G20 slide should not be an issue. Any accessories for the 20/21 will fit on the 40 frame. The sights are most likely the same as the 20 though I haven't swapped out mine yet. The 41 is slightly different because the slide is more narrow than the other three. Holster options are limited for it right now. Inuse a Bianchi minimalist for the 20/21.  The slide sticks out quite a bit but them's the breaks! Any open top holster for the 20/21 should fit the 40 if the slide is able to stick out the bottom. So a SERPA will work but not a Safariland ALS. Finally the G20 mags are the very same mags for the 40.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Great post, my G40  is supposed to be in on Wednesday. So I had some of the same questions. Thanks OP for asking.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I put ameriglo suppressor sights on mine.  Worked fine.  

Holster- TR holster for the g40.  Ran about 45 bucks and OWB- fits great.
Top Top