Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ordered two triggers.  Stated my models But forgot to list gen 3.   No big deal I called before ship and told them problem solved.   Recieved only one trigger at first but with a packing slip for two.  Also it had what appeared to be a gen 4 bar so I called and told them about the missing trigger and the gen 4 bar.  They said that's all glock sells and all they use and it should work fine.  I don't own gen 4s but I knew they had different bars so this didn't seem right. Other trigger shipped once they proved I wasn't lying.  Other trigger arrived gen 4 bar as expected.  I installed both.  Trigger reset issues out the ass and gritty as all get out.  Now I'm used to polished oem bars so I figured I just wasn't used to it.  Returned both guns to all oem parts and used a soft felt wheel and compound to lightly shine the bars. (I do this with all my glocks).  Things felt a little better but the reset issues were still there and the shoe appeared to be binding or rubbing and one of the trigger safeties was out of spec and not making enough contact to reliably work.  At this point j deemed these as defects and removed them and sent the company an email.   I recieved a very cookie cutter response.  "Only return them if they are factory new, and upon our QC inspection we will determine if a refund is warranted". or some shit like that.   My head automatically wants more info bc that could rule out anyone that installs a trigger and plays with it or doesn't discover it has a malfunction until at the range.   I send an email asking for clarification.  Never got a response.  The next day j recieved an email to review the triggers,  I was agitated so I left an honest review (partly bc I wanted to see how they would handle it ). Day after that j hop on their website to see if they approved it.   And they sure did lol right after they rewrote it except left enough structure and info where it was still mine.  By this time I realize the type of scum bags I'm dealing with and accept I'm probably not going to get a return or replacements of any kind.   The next day I sent another email with pics again asking for a solution.   I recieved the same cookie cutter response with no info of any kind.  So at this point I chalk this up as a loss.  

If you wanna do business with them, great that's your choice but just know it's a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I was right.  Some people have to learn the hard way.

Hope your trigger designed by people who don't know what they are doing doesn't lock up on you.  "It's just a trigger shoe" after all ...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got two and I'm pretty happy with them.

Over the last several years I have worked with several manufacturers with testing and evaluation. Spikes, CMMG, Taccom, Midwest Industies, DPMS, Kies, and some others.

Two things I know for a fact:
Every manufacturer will put out a turd now and then.
The receiver of that turd will bad mouth them every chance they get if the problem isn't corrected.

Customer Service is paramount no matter what company it is.
Every manufacturer has a start date. No one was has done this for eternity.

I'll give any manufacturer a fair chance in quality, price, and customer service.
If those start to fade, I'm done with them.

So far as the Kineti-Tech trigger shoes, they are 2 pieces with two roll pins and a spring. The main shoe is solid aluminum. The Safety lever is a seperate piece of aluminum. The hole in the lever is slightly over sized so it doesn't bind. Other than that, you have 1 spring that is captured in a hole inside the shoe.
Not much to go wrong there unless it was out of spec from the start, which would be evident from the first.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Using an oversize roll pin is unnecessary. Other designs without the trigger bars don't have this problem (Apex, Suarez). I don't think it's a benefit but more an error in design.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Most manufacturers refine their initial releases.

But there are other manufacturers out there. Buy theirs if you are more comfortable with them.

I just happen to run across these and a good price and thought I'd give them a go. Again, so far I'm pretty happy with them.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Using an oversize roll pin is unnecessary. Other designs without the trigger bars don't have this problem (Apex, Suarez). I don't think it's a benefit but more an error in design.
View Quote

For half the price shipped and 4 different designs I'll take a chance and test one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#7]
it took suarez a couple trys but they got it down. from what ive read about the kinetic their statement about pretravel is false and it would be nice if they resolved it.

would just take a few minutes adjusting the cutting of the trigger shoe and they could have a trigger that is on par with any of the others.

since all the other manufacturers use the stock trigger bar
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
There is nothing in their statement about Pre Travel.

And I for one, want pre travel in a carry pistol.

I have adjustable ZEV set ups for zeroing out pre travel and over travel.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
English not their best

"Our trigger reduce the triger rest to almost nothing.  Best on the market!!!!! This allows you to shoot much faster with more accuracy."

and they must have updated their website as they have stated it reduced pre travel

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know.
It's new to me.

Like I said, I was just looking for triggers and ran across these at a good price.

I went ahead and ordered them and have no complaints so far.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#11]
100 rounds in and I notice that my groups are tighter and more centered than with the stock trigger. I shot left with the stock setup 40% of the time

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
English not their best

"Our trigger reduce the triger rest to almost nothing.  Best on the market!!!!! This allows you to shoot much faster with more accuracy."

and they must have updated their website as they have stated it reduced pre travel

View Quote

Yeah......no way
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I have to say I installed the flat trigger shoe on my G42 and G43.
Love the feel. Both have worked great without any issues.

For $50, for me it is a great upgrade.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have to drill modify or mess with it to make it work properly in my book is an issue.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you have to drill modify or mess with it to make it work properly in my book is an issue.
View Quote

Like the mag catch on the Glock 43 that Glock didn't recall? The one where they sent out "modified" catches that were "polished" to make them reliable? Like that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like the mag catch on the Glock 43 that Glock didn't recall? The one where they sent out "modified" catches that were "polished" to make them reliable? Like that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No completely differant......Glock took care of it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amount of drilling is so minuscule that I stuck a needle file in the hole twisted 3 times and the pin fit. If I breathed hard enough the pin would have went in. So I take it you don't have anyone but glock put anything on your glock pistol because it may be an issue?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The amount of drilling is so minuscule that I stuck a needle file in the hole twisted 3 times and the pin fit. If I breathed hard enough the pin would have went in. So I take it you don't have anyone but glock put anything on your glock pistol because it may be an issue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all, I don't mind spending a couple more bucks for quality aftermarket parts, if you are happy with your trigger don't sweat what I think, i bought a trigger a few months back that a lot of people on the internet said was the best thing scene bottled beer, I hated it, it's sitting in my tool box, my point is to each there own.

BPPC out.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I like them enough that I'm ordering one for my G19

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not at all, I don't mind spending a couple more bucks for quality aftermarket parts, if you are happy with your trigger don't sweat what I think, i bought a trigger a few months back that a lot of people on the internet said was the best thing scene bottled beer, I hated it, it's sitting in my tool box, my point is to each there own.

BPPC out.

View Quote

i'll take it so you don't have to think about it anymore
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was told up front that the 42 and 43 trigger bars had a slightly smaller hole in them. The pin would fit tight and open after a few pulls or I could open it slightly.

If I'm a manufacturer making a new product and my trigger shoe fits all the models Glock makes except two that need a very minor modification, I wouldn't make a completely separate shoe either. At least until I knew they were going to sell. And Keneti-Tech told me they were working on a slightly smaller pin for the 43 at the time I did talk with them.

Other manufacturers state "not for a G42 or G43" unless you buy the complete shoe and bar, which for all you know has the hole opened up by them.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a quick follow up.

I finally got to the range today with the 42 and 43.

I had to adjust my sights back to center. Apparently the flat Keneti-Tech trigger allows me to pull straight back without adjusting my grip.

Also ran 100 rounds through each without any issue and left with no sore finger as I always did with the Glock serrated trigger.

Dave N
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top