Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Posted: 4/3/2016 8:40:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

I had considered the Omnivore but I have a pretty strict personal "no Blackhawk" policy.

As for the Ragnarok, I want retention and I've heard more than enough quality control stories to make me think he's expanding too quickly.

Ive heard good things about OTG, but I'm looking for SLS or ALS if possible.

Oh, and status update picture
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/20170611-203327-228876.jpg
View Quote
https://holsterops.com/collections/optic-sight-holsters

Maybe something here. 
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Has anyone added the KKM comp and regretted it?  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to switch from my current practice ammo (Freedom Munitions 147 Reman) to something a little hotter (Speer Lawman or Winchester NATO).  My main concern is keeping the springs stock and still maintaining reliability.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero] [#4]
My RMR Type 2 will be here Monday. For you guys using ATEI what's the current turn around? Is there anyone who is 2nd to Doug's quality?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
My RMR Type 2 will be here Monday. For you guys using ATEI what's the current turn around? Is there anyone who is 2nd to Doug's quality?
View Quote
I got mine back from ATEi last month with about a 5 week turnaround.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#8]
My fauxland in its finished configuration:

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#9]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is getting closer.

Need a trigger, mag catch (the extended one sucks), comp, slide parts, and holster.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/20170619-165234-234493.jpg
View Quote
As for the holster... the Raven OWB holster has proven great.  Picked mine up off Ebay 'used' for under 1/2 price.  I'm willing to bet it had a whole 10 minutes of wear on it... maybe.  I haven't figured out how to make it work IWB... but as an OWB when I don't really care about concealment (range, under a suit, etc... ) it's great... easily worth the half-price.
AIWB I'm currently using a Bawidamann Shenanigans without complaint and have a Nickydex on order. (I'm a holster junkie)  The Bawidamann is comfortable for me and hides my rig under a t-shirt to the point where I don't noticeably print.  Couldn't really ask for more.

The TR AIWB holster and I just didn't get along.. it doesn't tuck the gun butt nearly tight enough to make it hide.  If they put a Raven type claw on it, it'd be a much more useful holster to me.  Bawidamann's offering is a much better piece of gear (for me).

For trigger, the Overwatch TAC is really impressive to me... love the flat face and reduced length of pull.  I've started replacing my Glock triggers across the board with them.  It probably did as much to aid precision in fire as the RMR for me... 2nd best striker fired trigger behind the Apex flat trigger in my P320.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Ideally a 6354do, but it sounds need to be modified.
[/url]
View Quote
Current 6354dos work with the Roland (mine does).  Their comparability now shows up on safariland's site.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Mine is 17 based, so the end would need some reshaping and opening up to account for the slight length increase
View Quote
17 based certainly adds to the length... but in all seriousness, if you can conceal a full size gun with a light, the RMR doesn't really make it much bulkier (if at all) and the Freya magwell (haven't tried others) doesn't really cause issues with the butt.

I've become accustomed to carrying it and find it hides very easily (mine is 19 based) AIWB.  I let a friend borrow mine for a class to try the concept out and used my G29 today... the G29 was harder to carry AIWB in all honesty as it wanted to roll over the belt.  Longer barrels seem to carry AIWB better for me.  Odd that a 19 with a comp and uboat and rmr would conceal easier than a bare G29... but the G29 printed more noticably at the butt and didn't want to stay in place as well.  I've amazed a few 'gun guy' friends with the "guess what I'm carrying today" game... no one has guess a gun as large as a Faux-land/Roland.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:28:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, hit the 3k round mark and finally noticed my RMR changing brightness levels with random dry fire. 

Used this as an excuse to detail strip and clean. Front sight was wiggling loose same with one of the set screws on my comp. 

Put some small foam pieces behind the battery contact to give it more pressure on the battery and then two layers of electrical tape on the underside of the battery. 

Put it all together and I have not been able to replicate the brightness changing. I've had the same battery in it since February. 

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

You got up to the 3K mark?  That's pretty good!  My December purchased RM06 started having issues at 1K, but a simple fix has it going strong, now on the 7K mark.

I'd recommend slightly bending the contact into the shape of a hook:  that works very well though I don't see any downsides to using foam on the battery contact as well, though it might not be as permanent if the foam ever loses volume.

This is a customer slide with RMR that just got back from ATEI, you can see how they bent the side contact into a slight curve to ensure positive contact even during firing and operation
https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/19436374_1914659245443700_2920052881916690432_n.jpg
https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/19436425_472697866414421_6423287242306879488_n.jpg

Bending the side contact, with optional extra mods (adding shims, foam, gluing the battery to the sealing plate) usually does the trick!
View Quote
Mine is from ATEi as well. Thinking back, I'm decently sure they (ATEi) must have bent my contact for me because it sure looked like your picture. I think I'll make it a habit to break down every 2-3k rounds for a deep clean and to check the status of the foam in the compartment. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#22]

From what folks have told me, eventually the electronics or hardware will fail (fail to keep zero) and you'll need to send it back to Trijicon for warranty repair.  That generally happens at the 20,000 round mark though!
View Quote
I'm okay with a 20k service interval... Trijicon will be around to service and repair/replace it.

Just make sure to send in your warranty cards I suppose.
Note to self: dig through your RMR boxes and send in the warranty cards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do I want one of these?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
Why do I want one of these?
View Quote
If the photos make you want one, don't shoot one... you'll definitely build one then.

Flat shooting,  low recoil, accurate and fast.. i absolutely love mine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#25]
True definition of a Fo-Land I guess, didn't get much right on the recipe. I think there's like two or three actual Glock parts total on this thing. Fun project though!

Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By OiRogers:

If the photos make you want one, don't shoot one... you'll definitely build one then.

Flat shooting,  low recoil, accurate and fast.. i absolutely love mine.
View Quote
Welp..decided to convert a g23 into one of these monstrosities. 

Wife is going to be stoked .
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#27]
How about one that's not even a glock? Haven't gotten to shoot it with the comp yet, tomorrow can't get here soon enough. Hope the 15# spring will let it cycle fine. Got a Bawidamann Gotham yesterday from Weapon Outfitters, it's not perfect but it works. Not decided on a red dot yet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm a little over the 4,500 mark and I have been experiencing the dimming while dry firing...

Where does the foam go? Should be bent since I sent to ATEi but I'll find out here soon when I cracking it open.

What kind of foam? What torque when reinstalling RMR? Blue loctite? When/how is everyone cleaning the comp? The marine in me cringes when I see it... even though it should be fine dirty.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#30]
WeaponsOutfitters, any idea of when your next batch of KKM barrels/comps is due?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By King-in-Yellow:
How about one that's not even a glock? Haven't gotten to shoot it with the comp yet, tomorrow can't get here soon enough. Hope the 15# spring will let it cycle fine. Got a Bawidamann Gotham yesterday from Weapon Outfitters, it's not perfect but it works. Not decided on a red dot yet.
https://i.imgur.com/dTAfe7L_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
Comped P07 fits the Gotham?.... hrmm... I already have a holster then.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By assaultdog0351:
I'm a little over the 4,500 mark and I have been experiencing the dimming while dry firing...

Where does the foam go? Should be bent since I sent to ATEi but I'll find out here soon when I cracking it open.

What kind of foam? What torque when reinstalling RMR? Blue loctite? When/how is everyone cleaning the comp? The marine in me cringes when I see it... even though it should be fine dirty.

http://i.imgur.com/GdLhoqw.jpg
View Quote
If you look under the RMR there is a tab in the middle that you can bend down slightly (ATEI likely did already).  Very slightly.  You can shim the battery up from below with a loop of electrical tape if needed.   Also, on the side of the battery there is a little wing that connects the side... you can roll the top out a touch (like ATEI likely did already), or put cut a shim out of a rubberband and put it behind the wing/bar.
I'd try replacing the battery and making sure both contacts are in good shape.
Trijicon recommends a limit on torque at 14ft/lbs I think... beyond that might warp the body.  Blue Loctite works fine on mine... never had it shoot loose.

My comp I soak in break free and use and air compressor to dry off... I use a tiny brush and clean heavy gunk out, but as long as it allows free travel of the bullet, I don't really care if the internals are dirty.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
You'll have to let out the strap a hole and the comp is gonna carve some material. I can't reholster without taking it out either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy G19 slide parts kits?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a standing backorder with em on the Stainless and Black Nitride barrel kits... will have to check to see what the current wait times are!
View Quote
Cool. I'll look forward to their arrival. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#37]
View Quote
Factory slide handy?  They'll rebuild with nightsights for like 65$.
I pulled parts off an old 22 in the safe and sent the slide back... got new parts in it with night sights.

If not factory... you're gonna have to bite the bullet on parts pricing, perhaps Midway or Brownells.  They're through the roof with the 80% thing going nuts right now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I pulled parts off an old 22 in the safe and sent the slide back... got new parts in it with night sights.

If not factory... you're gonna have to bite the bullet on parts pricing, perhaps Midway or Brownells.  They're through the roof with the 80% thing going nuts right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is what I did lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#40]

If you look under the RMR there is a tab in the middle that you can bend down slightly (ATEI likely did already).  Very slightly.  You can shim the battery up from below with a loop of electrical tape if needed.   Also, on the side of the battery there is a little wing that connects the side... you can roll the top out a touch (like ATEI likely did already), or put cut a shim out of a rubberband and put it behind the wing/bar.
I'd try replacing the battery and making sure both contacts are in good shape.
Trijicon recommends a limit on torque at 14ft/lbs I think... beyond that might warp the body.  Blue Loctite works fine on mine... never had it shoot loose.

My comp I soak in break free and use and air compressor to dry off... I use a tiny brush and clean heavy gunk out, but as long as it allows free travel of the bullet, I don't really care if the internals are dirty.
View Quote
Perfect, thank you...

Bad news though, I tried to take the RMR off just now and a screw stripped, didn't budge. Shit
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:08:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Damn... time to take it to a gunsmith or use an EZ-Out type deal.  What caused it to strip in the first place?  I love the high quality hardened screws ATEi uses, and am careful only to use high quality bits/wrenches on optics related screws.  A low quality/rounded bit or wrench can fuck up a good screw
View Quote
More than likely my old fold out allen wrench set caused this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm 90% there. I only need a barrel and comp to complete the build, but I'm on hiatus while I do some home renovation work.

What zero is being run for the RMR'd guns?  I started off by initially slaving the dot to the irons, which got me close to a 25 yard zero but I had to add some elevation to get it perfect.  Obviously ammo will change a lot of things but playing around with Strelok it looks like I can run a 25/50 yard zero and be -6" at 100 with 124gr +p Gold Dots.

Any other insight?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By keeyote:

What zero is being run for the RMR'd guns?

Any other insight?
View Quote
Consensus seems to be 25m zero.
I zero'd mine at 7m initally, it was great for short range... but became a shotgun pattern at range.
Tried 15m and it was better,  but still bad at range.
25m seems to be the sweet spot in my gun with 124gr +P Golddots and HST and Rangers.  Acceptablely 'head shot' accurate at any reasonable range now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By keeyote:
I'm 90% there. I only need a barrel and comp to complete the build, but I'm on hiatus while I do some home renovation work.

What zero is being run for the RMR'd guns?  I started off by initially slaving the dot to the irons, which got me close to a 25 yard zero but I had to add some elevation to get it perfect.  Obviously ammo will change a lot of things but playing around with Strelok it looks like I can run a 25/50 yard zero and be -6" at 100 with 124gr +p Gold Dots.

Any other insight?
View Quote
Start with a 10yd zero, then confirm at 25yd.

If you're getting a KKM barrel you will notice a big POI change.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Personally, I like the 25 yard zero, but much like the 25 vs. 100 yard zero, there are trade offs with trajectory and ease of establishing a zero.

Many have noted that the trajectory on a 10 yard zero is better for realistic handgun distances (up to 100 yards) and is a LOT easier to establish: just about any decent shooter can group at 10 yards.  Grouping at 25 yards however, require an extremely high level of skill most people don't have.

No matter which zero you decide on, start at 10 yards and then fine tune it at 25 yards.

As for me:  I can match my guns/sights to ammo (there is usually a 2-4" shift at 25 yards depending) at 25 yards thanks to the fact my local gun range's bench allows me to rest my pistol, and get a perfect point of aim at targets downrange.  At a less sophisticated range where you have to post and retrieve targets manually, I would suggest either getting a Ransom Rest ($500), or trying to create the conditions so that resting the pistol with a magazine on a stable surface points naturally at the target

Here's a target showing the POI shift at 25 yards and grouping switching from KKM to Glock.  With the KKM, 4/5 hits are tightly clustered or touching.  Free hand?  There'd be no way to see that.

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/19228774_119070218691954_763332850912067584_n.jpg
View Quote
Awesome! Good to know.

It looks like what I posted earlier about the 25/50 zero was erroneous. I had the wrong height over bore, so a 25 yard zero becomes like an AR 100 yard zero, in that any other distance impact is low. 10/50 is what I should have put previously.

I'll likely run the 10/50 since its really flat inside handgun distances.  I have place to shoot with a bench at the in-laws, so I'll zero at 50 there.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By King-in-Yellow:
https://i.imgur.com/dTAfe7L_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
Fits a beretta m9a1 compact and a 92fs with a surefire rail as well
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top