Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Posted: 4/3/2016 8:40:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By narphenal:
Got my Black Nitrided KKM Barrel in today from Weapon Outfitters, and although its going to be used in a Traditional Roland build with ATEI slide, I threw it in my Agency Arms G19 just to check It out.

Might have to ditch the threaded barrel/can from this gun and run it with a KKM barrel too.

http://i.imgur.com/wrwcdHW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eOJy6lY.jpg
View Quote

Are there any tangible benefits over the standard matte stainless finish or is it mostly cosmetic?  I'd assume better corrosion resistance.  Any difference in accuracy between the two?

I'm afraid my FDE Gen4 is about to start it's transition to see how it fares against my EDC G34/X300 Ultra...

I'm sure you'll be seeing me around as other questions arise
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:

Are there any tangible benefits over the standard matte stainless finish or is it mostly cosmetic?  I'd assume better corrosion resistance.  Any difference in accuracy between the two?

I'm afraid my FDE Gen4 is about to start it's transition tof swe hoe ithe fares against myou EDC G34/X300 Ultra...
View Quote

There should be better corrosion resistance, and the metal to metal contact is supposed to be better. I figure since the Glock factory barrels are nitrided it couldn't hurt.

For $20 more it's hard to beat. I'm a fan of the nitriding, even if I think the stainless looks cooler.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm afraid my FDE Gen4 is about to start it's transition to see how it fares against my EDC G34/X300 Ultra...

I'm sure you'll be seeing me around as other questions arise
View Quote

It's largely corrosion/wear resistance. Depending on the company you will also see surface lubricity thrown around, but it is definiately a solid finish.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By narphenal:

It's largely corrosion/wear resistance. Depending on the company you will also see surface lubricity thrown around, but it is definiately a solid finish.
View Quote

Kinda my thoughts.  If I'm already dropping $275 what's another $20 as long as there are no issues associated.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

This was discussed on the Primary and secondary Facebook recently. I'll see what I can dig up on it later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By undermyvoodoo82:
Does anybody have any issues running the Safariland 6354DO holsters with slides that have a slight bevel in behind the comp either KKM or TBRCI?  I have a Zev Socom slide and SiCo barrel w/TBRCI Micro comp and granted I haven't cut/trimmed the ALS yet, but just playing with it the the mechanism locks up again midway through the draw and I'm almost positive it's catching in that space between the slide and the comp.  I can't screw the brake down any further without affecting the barrel lock up.  Is this a known issue or are there any remedies out there besides sell everything and jump off a cliff?

This was discussed on the Primary and secondary Facebook recently. I'll see what I can dig up on it later.

Any luck with this?  I've been searching around a little more and haven't seen any way to resolve it.  After trying three different slides, I looks like the TBRCI comp is slightly larger than the slide dimensions and is getting hung up on ALS system during the draw with the 6354DO holsters.  I assume the KKM comps don't have this problem as they look slightly smaller than the slide compared to the TRBCI comps.  Since I don't have a KKM combo to troubleshoot with, is this a correct assumption?  Anybody else have the same issue or fix?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

The only real issue is that coating takes adds an extra 30 days to production time so they are definitely a lot harder to acquire thanks to added logistics.

KKM let me know more stainless barrels are headed my way in 2 weeks... add 30 days for Nitrided ones haha.

Busted out the studio lights for the first time in a while to photograph a pal's slide setup he lent me.  The DPP's a fantastic performer, but folks who use it professionally apparently swap out the battery very frequently.  Not hard thanks to the awesome top loading design, but that factoid is making me lean towards the RMR for my daily carry, despite the RMR's window is smaller and less forgiving.

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/16906162_402814066749575_4004171608896831488_n.jpg
View Quote

Are you running Dawson or Ameriglo front sights? What height?  Were you able to buy it separately from the rear sight?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]

I spent quite a while looking for that thread on the various P&SGT FB pages and couldn't find it, sorry.
View Quote

Thanks for looking.  I made need to just snag a KKM barrel/comp and go that route.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Just came in from ATEI last night.  Can't wait to take this to the range.

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#11]
Any of you guys built a G17 version?  Even better, anyone shoot a KKM comped and RMR'd 17 next to a 19 setup the same way and a stock 34?  How's the recoil between the 3 and dot tracking between the RMR'd 19 and 17?

I'd like to put a Roland together but don't like the 19s grip now that I'm used to carrying a 34.  The hump is in the wrong place for me.

I know a 17 wouldn't technically be a Roland but figured this thread would be a decent place to ask.

I sold my FDE 19 and want to put something together on a new blue label gun.  Just can't decide if I want to do a true Roland or buy a 17.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#14]

I have larger hands and have given myself blood blisters on speedy reloads with the stock G-19 too... the big secret with the Roland is that the Freya Mag well is a huuuuuge ergonomic upgrade, especially for those with big paws.  It funnels your fingers in for a tight grip and makes the G-19 handle like a full sized pistol... but it's still low profile enough for concealed carry.

"Roland" himself actually started off with a tuned up ATEI G17, but found the G19 to actually shoot faster and softer with this type of configuration.  My guess is less slide mass.  Hasn't stopped a few folks from doing G17 + Comp builds though!  Easily doable: KKM makes the same combo the G19 uses, and TBCRI mico comp obviously also works with G17 threaded barrels.
View Quote

My 17/RMR combo wasn't satisfying me as a suppressor host so I put the TBRCi micro comp on it.  Really fun to shoot, but I have no basis for comparison to a true Roland Special.  
I also had to lighten the recoil spring up a bit to get it to run 115gr plinker ammo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:
Just came in from ATEI last night.  Can't wait to take this to the range.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/95412/P1020735-161524.jpg
View Quote

Looks bangin'.

What was the turnaround time?

ATEi received my slide yesterday and I'm really looking forward to getting it back.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jalap-inya:

Looks bangin'.

What was the turnaround time?

ATEi received my slide yesterday and I'm really looking forward to getting it back.
View Quote

It was roughly 6 weeks, I think the NiB coating delayed it a bit since they do it in batches.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#18]

I have larger hands and have given myself blood blisters on speedy reloads with the stock G-19 too... the big secret with the Roland is that the Freya Mag well is a huuuuuge ergonomic upgrade, especially for those with big paws.  It funnels your fingers in for a tight grip and makes the G-19 handle like a full sized pistol... but it's still low profile enough for concealed carry.
View Quote

I used to have a Sentinel Designs magwell one a G17 before Raven started selling them. I ended up selling it at some point.  Might have to revisit the design on a G19 and see if I like it any better.  It'll probably come down to a choice between the Freya and Zev Pro.  I think the Zev looks like a more functional magwell from the pics I've seen.  Don't know if it'll help with the feel of the grip though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:00:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#19]

I used to have a Sentinel Designs magwell one a G17 before Raven started selling them. I ended up selling it at some point.  Might have to revisit the design on a G19 and see if I like it any better.  It'll probably come down to a choice between the Freya and Zev Pro.  I think the Zev looks like a more functional magwell from the pics I've seen.  Don't know if it'll help with the feel of the grip though.
View Quote

Grinding off the finger grooves, doing the trigger guard undercut and adding the Freya makes it as comfortable as my 17 (which is a perfect fit for my fat hands).
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]

It was roughly 6 weeks, I think the NiB coating delayed it a bit since they do it in batches.
View Quote

Cool, thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Grinding off the finger grooves, doing the trigger guard undercut and adding the Freya makes it as comfortable as my 17 (which is a perfect fit for my fat hands).
View Quote

I hear ya. G22 on duty, g19 off duty. Chop the finger grooves, recess the trigger guard a bit and bam, just as comfy, more concealable.

Are you using any backstraps with the freya?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Fish1856:

I hear ya. G22 on duty, g19 off duty. Chop the finger grooves, recess the trigger guard a bit and bam, just as comfy, more concealable.

Are you using any backstraps with the freya?
View Quote

Yeah, just not OEM.

http://www.gripforceproducts.com/GEN_4.html
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone built a Rolandito?
View Quote

@TCBA_Joe

Like this?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/100436_GLOCK-PICTURE-THREAD-PART-II.html&page=119#i1936449
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah, just not OEM.

http://www.gripforceproducts.com/GEN_4.html
View Quote

I have a box of em sitting in my closet. They didn't fit well, lots of gaps, the pin needed to be trimmed to fit. I was really hoping they'd work for me
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Does the Freya work with Vickers Tactical baseplates?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
Does the Freya work with Vickers Tactical baseplates?
View Quote

Here is the freya magwell companility for mags and baseplates

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: donho00] [#28]
Just got it together.
Cannot wait to pop her cherry

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By donho00:
Just got it together.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2dw6iwx.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/140bvo9.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/29w0spc.jpg
View Quote

Who did that stippling?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

Who did that stippling?
View Quote

5Bgunworx

60grit pattern
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Holy smokes that is hot!
View Quote

Thanks. Made many changes along the way.
And waiting forever, for the barrel made it harder to not change my mind.

Most recent changes were taking off the Trijicon NS for a set of lower .300 all black sights. The zev rmr base is low enough for a .300
Plus the NS were distracting.

And getting rid of the zev trigger for a Suarez
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By donho00:
Just got it together.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dw6iwx.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/140bvo9.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/29w0spc.jpg
View Quote

What magazine basepads are those?  I like them A LOT.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
Here's mine... in department mandated .40 cal.

Slide by DP
KKM .40 barrel
TBRCI .40 comp
RMR06
10-8 sights

Have a Blacklist barrel on the way to try out as well.  Not sure how I feel about the front serrations yet.

https://s12.postimg.org/qajh2txp9/IMG_7802.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the comp on the .40?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#38]
DAMN, There are some really nice looking Glock's in this thread.

I just need to continue saving some more $$$ to finish my "Faux-Land" Special.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#39]
I love T-Rex products but I hate waiting for their stuff.  Ordered this over a month ago.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TerryGecko:
I love T-Rex products but I hate waiting for their stuff.  Ordered this over a month ago.  

http://i65.tinypic.com/2eoxnuv.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/15rzejt.jpg
View Quote
That's nice. My CCW G19 rides in an M3Tactical OTP, similar idea. My favorite way to carry.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ehudbengera:

That's nice. My CCW G19 rides in an M3Tactical OTP, similar idea. My favorite way to carry.
View Quote
Their website is down right now but I'm looking at their pictures on google.  I like it. Especially the models with a knife instead of a spare mag.  I will check them out for sure.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Their website is down right now but I'm looking at their pictures on google.  I like it. Especially the models with a knife instead of a spare mag.  I will check them out for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ehudbengera:

Link (you don't have to login I think) He's really active on Instagram. He has a specific "Roland Special" option for his holsters since he has one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:02:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Is anyone thinking of trying the new Strike Industries G4 comp? I think I'd try it if I were going to do one of these builds to save some money and keep the factory barrel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By battleshipgrey:
Is anyone thinking of trying the new Strike Industries G4 comp? I think I'd try it if I were going to do one of these builds to save some money and keep the factory barrel.
View Quote
I imagine it kind of defeats the purpose once you add the reciprocating mass of the comp.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#45]
That and the fact that it's less of a comp and more a blast shield.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ridewaves] [#46]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#47]

http://i65.tinypic.com/2eoxnuv.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/15rzejt.jpg
View Quote
Agreed my man, I carry my foland in either a raptor or sidecar every day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:

I imagine it kind of defeats the purpose once you add the reciprocating mass of the comp.
View Quote
Hadn't thought of that. That certainly would defeat the purpose.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FullMetalAR:

Agreed my man, I carry my foland in either a raptor or sidecar every day.
View Quote
I'd love to try the Raptor.  I have 2 Sidecars and a Ragnarok.  I want another Ragnarok but they are sold out right now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Terrible pic with terrible lighting but the new Primary Machine comp
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top