Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2015 3:59:38 PM EDT
I have a dilemma, a good one actually. I should have my AAC TiRant 9 pretty soon and I need to get a threaded barrel and maybe suppressor sights for my G19.

Here's the thing, when I price TBs and sights, I'm around the $300 mark. I can buy a G19.3 with factory TB and suppressor sights for $539 shipped (no FFL fee for me). Do I spend the extra money and buy another G19 or just keep the Ameriglo I-dot Pros on my G19.4 and buy a TB only? I know the obvious answer but my gun fund is kinda limited and I'm trying to stretch every dollar. I don't want to sell my current G19.4, I love that thing way too much!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
This is all you buddy .... If I liked my pistol that much I would just modify it to how I want.  But it never hurts to have a backup pistol in reserve.  1 is none 2 is one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is all you buddy .... If I liked my pistol that much I would just modify it to how I want.  But it never hurts to have a backup pistol in reserve.  1 is none 2 is one.
View Quote

I agree 100%, it's good to have a backup.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I shoot with both eyes open and find suppressor height sights to not offer me any benefit.  I can use the sights "through" the can.

I do hear complaints from everybody that shoots it that they can't see the sights on the target because of the suppressor.
View Quote

It would be nice if I could try out a similar set up before I decide.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just kicked this same problem around for a month before buying one of the new gen3, g19's with the TB and Supp sights. After taking into consideration the added cost of getting a factory TB barrel and sup sights, I just opted to get the gen3 g19 setup straight from Glock. I basically got another gun for a couple hundred bucks more than what it would have cost me to turn one of my gen4 19's into a dedicated supp gun. And I shot it the other day and it is very accurate with the supp sights on it with my AAC TiRant 9.

If you can afford it, get the whole gun and then you have matching serial #'s on the 3 items that have the serial # on them, slide, barrel & frame..
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just kicked this same problem around for a month before buying one of the new gen3, g19's with the TB and Supp sights. After taking into consideration the added cost of getting a factory TB barrel and sup sights, I just opted to get the gen3 g19 setup straight from Glock. I basically got another gun for a couple hundred bucks more than what it would have cost me to turn one of my gen4 19's into a dedicated supp gun. And I shot it the other day and it is very accurate with the supp sights on it with my AAC TiRant 9.

If you can afford it, get the whole gun and then you have matching serial #'s on the 3 items that have the serial # on them, slide, barrel & frame..
View Quote

Yeah, I believe I'm gonna go this route. I got the TiRant 9 in 13.5x1 LH and the factory TB matches, and like edgecrusher mentioned above, 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Never hurts to have another Glock!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a dedicated 19 for my suppressor.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
While they're not necessary, I absolutely shoot better with the tall sights than without. And yes buying the second gun is the correct idea. Save up or sell something.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Looks good STJ. Is that a factory G21 TB also?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I shoot my M&P suppressed (Tirant 9 as well) with normal height sights. Not an issue at all to me. My G17 host has suppressor height sights, but it also has an RMR.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have three G19's:

1 CCW gun with night sights
1 dedicated suppressor host w/ tall sights (Meprolight adjustable night sights)
1 dedicated suppressed AA .22 conversion kit

You can never have enough Glock 19's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm waiting on an Osprey and bought a new Gen4 19. I put Trijicon Suppressor sights on it. I tested out the Glock and it shoots great. I can't go back to the Gen3's at this point. Mod your Gen4 and you'll be happier overall.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I shoot on point with my Trijicon Suppressor sights. Highly recommend the extra lift.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Not necessary at all, I shoot better without taller sights.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I might be in the market soon, and wish Glock offered a sup-ready Gen 4.

After this many year of the Gen4 being out, why would they only offer a suppressor-ready model in a Gen3?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I might be in the market soon, and wish Glock offered a sup-ready Gen 4.

After this many year of the Gen4 being out, why would they only offer a suppressor-ready model in a Gen3?
View Quote

I asked the same question. Who knows why Glock does what it/they do? I'm happy with my Gen4 set up though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I shoot with both eyes open and find suppressor height sights to not offer me any benefit. I can use the sights "through" the can.
View Quote

I do the same thing.

My Glocks all have three dot night sights, which tends to make it a little easier, day or night. In low light, you dont even know the can is there. With the sights aligned, the bullet goes to the center dot, just like it does when the can isnt there. I have no troubles making good hits at 25 yards shooting this way.

Its the same premise as using the old style OEG sights, or your red dot with the front cover closed. Your right eye sees the sights, your left the target, and your brain superimposes them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I do the same thing.

My Glocks all have three dot night sights, which tends to make it a little easier, day or night. In low light, you dont even know the can is there. With the sights aligned, the bullet goes to the center dot, just like it does when the can isnt there. I have no troubles making good hits at 25 yards shooting this way.

Its the same premise as using the old style OEG sights, or your red dot with the front cover closed. Your right eye sees the sights, your left the target, and your brain superimposes them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I shoot with both eyes open and find suppressor height sights to not offer me any benefit. I can use the sights "through" the can.

I do the same thing.

Same here.

No problem with standard sights and "aiming through the can."
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep

On a side note. While you can shoot 'through' a suppressor. Your grouping will be better with suppressor height sights as less of the target is obstructed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a G17 TB and the factory sites do not totally clear my Tirant... it is close but not quite and the black front sight blends in with the tube. I prefer the standard glock sights over the raised sites that came on my G17 TB and "shooting through the can", but I plan to try out some Trijicons.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I shoot on point with my Trijicon Suppressor sights. Highly recommend the extra lift.
View Quote

Came in to say that. You can get away with standard sights while suppressed and be relatively accurate at short distances, but I found it lacking if you are trying to shot a small mobile target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top