Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 7:45:32 PM EDT
I want to sell  my Gen4 G17 and was wondering what a fair price to ask for it is? The gun has 2000rds through it and I have 5 17rd Glock mags for it. It doesn't have night sights and it does have some holster wear, but nothing too obnoxious.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if your supposed to ask this question here , but I will answer anyway

About $400-$450
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if your supposed to ask this question here , but I will answer anyway

About $400-$450
View Quote

I didn't think about it being a no- no to ask. I don't plan on selling it online, only FTF. I guess if this is wrong mods can lock it up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
$400-$450 is too low.  Glocks don't lose value. With 5 mags you should be able to sell it $550 to $600.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
You would get $400 for it where I live.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It would bring around $500 around here.  It seems like Gen 4 9mms hardly depreciate at all for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys. I'm not getting too much interest around my area with this thing. I had a couple of people look at it and I even offered to throw in $70 worth of spare parts for $450 total and they walked away saying it was too much.  I think the round count is scaring off the uneducated. I was afraid that could happen but I wouldn't feel right selling it and not disclosing the actual round count. I'm not in that big of a hurry to sell so I'll just sit on it until I get a fair price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think the round count is scaring off the uneducated.
View Quote

I kinda thought that when I read your first post.  I've heard people say stuff like, "500 rounds?!?  I don't want a gun that's already worn out!"

2,000 is just getting broken in!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
With the 2 extra mags I would start out around $475 or so if you were wanting to move it fairly quickly, around here guys are asking 5-525 used with just the standard extras(but these are the guys that are bumping there ads daily because it isn't moving at that price) I think $450 with the extra mags is very reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I would ask $500, that is fair considering the extra mags.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It would bring around $500 around here.  It seems like Gen 4 9mms hardly depreciate at all for some reason.
View Quote

This, with 5 mags is a average deal.

I'd post it for $475 if I wanted to sell it swiftly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]
well I think I screwed up today. I had a guy call me about it and offered me $400 for it. I told him with the extra mags I couldn't go that low. He said when he bought his 10mm glock he only paid around $400 so he didn't want to pay more for this one. Then he said he only needed one or two of the mags. It didn't dawn on me until after I hung up that if I sold him the gun and two mags for $400 I could sell the remaining three to make up the rest. .

I thought about calling him back but I remember him saying he just needed a gun to shoot something and didn't care about the extra mags. Just the way he said it made me hesitant to sell the gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

well I think I screwed up today. I had a guy call me about it and offered me $400 for it. I told him with the extra mags I couldn't go that low. He said when he bought his 10mm glock he only paid around $400 so he didn't want to pay more for this one. Then he said he only needed one or two of the mags. It didn't dawn on me until after I hung up that if I sold him the gun and two mags for $400 I could sell the remaining three to make up the rest. .

I thought about calling him back but I remember him saying he just needed a gun to shoot something and didn't care about the extra mags. Just the way he said it made me hesitant to sell the gun.
View Quote

Always trust your gut.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe its just me but you should be able to get more from a Gen4 17, all depends on just how anxious you are to sell though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea it really depends where you're at. I just got a brand new gen 3 for 515 OTD. On the off hand. I'd be in for your 3 mags depending on what you want for em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top