Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2013 12:59:34 PM EDT
Looking for a spare drop in replacement of a factory barrel... Any fitting, or reliablilty issues with Lone wolf?  Better choices out there?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a threaded one for my 19 and love it. No problems at all. I know a couple people with the conversion barrels as well. I have never personally heard a complaint about them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Id rather pay $60 more and get a quality barrel from Storm Lake, KKM, etc.

I had a Lone Wofl for approximately 2 days. Almost had to beat the fucker into a G19 (I have Storm Lake threaded barrels in 2 17's and 2 19's that never had the slightest issue) then when the gun was finally back together the threads were so far out of spec my TiRant wouldn't even screw on 1/4 of the way. Dumped it the next day and bought another Storm Lake. Seen several other similar problems with Lone Wolfs from different customers.

You get what you pay for

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my g-21. More accurate than factory. Absolutely no problems
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Got 1 in my 23 and have run over1k through it with no issues.

Gtg in my book.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had a Lone Wofl for approximately 2 days. Almost had to beat the fucker into a G19 (I have Storm Lake threaded barrels in 2 17's and 2 19's that never had the slightest issue) then when the gun was finally back together the threads were so far out of spec my TiRant wouldn't even screw on 1/4 of the way. Dumped it the next day and bought another Storm Lake. Seen several other similar problems with Lone Wolfs from different customers.

You get what you pay for

I haven't heard of these problems with them...I have had over 3 and all were fine.

I am currently on their wait list for two more that will be threaded (I had a threaded barrel before but I didn't have my TiRant 45 yet).

The main problem with these is getting them in stock.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get what you pay for

I haven't heard of these problems with them...I have had over 3 and all were fine.

I am currently on their wait list for two more that will be threaded (I had a threaded barrel before but I didn't have my TiRant 45 yet).

The main problem with these is getting them in stock.....

Try searching eBay for "Glock threaded". I bought 2 LWD threaded barrels last week.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm high on the list for a threaded, black LWD barrel for my G17.  I use a Lonewolf barrel in my G20, and it's excellent.  I also have KKM and other brands, and don't see ANY quality difference, either in accuracy or fit and finish, over the Lonewolf.  The only reason I'm using the Lonewolf barrel in my G20 is that I get more reloads oiut of my brass with the LWD barrel than with the factory Glock barrel.  

While we're making anecdotal bitches on the internet, I'm sure some of you will remember all the stories of the sheered-off lugs on the Storm Lake Glock barrels.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 3 LWD Glock barrels in use and they are as good of qualist as a KKM or Storm Lake and even put the Barsto I have for my 35 to shame. Personally I would recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish they would get rid of the wolf / dog whatever it is picture on the top of the chamber, me thinks it looks tacky.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wish they would get rid of the wolf / dog whatever it is picture on the top of the chamber, me thinks it looks tacky.

I believe you can order it without the logo, it just costs more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can have any barrel blind marked and I believe the black oxide is blind marked anyways.  I have blind marked barrels only.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I want one and they are always out of stock. I found a dealer that has Glock Threaded barrles for the G21 and G17 and bought one of each. The glock barrels give a little better velocity than after market barrels.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a LW 9 conversion in my G23. Top notch in every way. Don't hesitate for a second.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should only cost more if they etch the logo on and then have to grind it off.  Obviously they dont, so unmarked should cost less.  I'll never buy any of their products again solely for that reason.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
most complaints are tight chamber and short throats that require bullets to be loaded shorter than usual. other than that, they are good. a step up in quality would be a SL or barsto or kkm
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I want one and they are always out of stock. I found a dealer that has Glock Threaded barrles for the G21 and G17 and bought one of each. The glock barrels give a little better velocity than after market barrels.

My chronograph must be a pathological liar!

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should only cost more if they etch the logo on and then have to grind it off.  Obviously they dont, so unmarked should cost less.  I'll never buy any of their products again solely for that reason.

Your loss. The etching is purely asthetic and doesnt do anything other than look bad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Drop in doesn't always mean drop in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO, it's the little things huh?

They have to mark it on the underside of the barrel...so it isn't just a matter of not marking the top and sending you a barrel with absolutely no marking (with their ungodly $9 charge)....it is blind marked.  They show the conversion, cal., and or wolf on the underside just at the start of the barrel...but you keep your dignity and pride...
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#20]
It's advertising. Most manufacturers put their name and/or logo on their product. It benefits them financially -- it has value to them.

Try buying a Coke, a Ford motor vehicle, a Colt lower receiver, a television, computer, etc. without any branding or manufacturer identification on it. Let us know if it costs more than usual.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's advertising. Most manufacturers put their name and/or logo on their product. It benefits them financially -- it has value to them.

Try buying a Coke, a Ford motor vehicle, a Colt lower receiver, a television, computer, etc. without any branding or manufacturer identification on it. Let us know if it costs more than usual.

So you're saying all the other barrel makers are doing it wrong?

Just..... wow
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine was drop in and good to go.  Very accurate.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your loss. The etching is purely asthetic and doesnt do anything other than look bad.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO, it's the little things huh?

They have to mark it on the underside of the barrel...so it isn't just a matter of not marking the top and sending you a barrel with absolutely no marking (with their ungodly $9 charge)....it is blind marked.  They show the conversion, cal., and or wolf on the underside just at the start of the barrel...but you keep your dignity and pride...

I'll do that, and a framed portrait of an African shepard to the guy that thought up putting that on LW barrels.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't like the emblems any more than the next guy....but, to me, $9 is a small amount when you consider the blind marking and process of putting it aside from the other barrels.  

They are great barrels.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't like the emblems any more than the next guy....but, to me, $9 is a small amount when you consider the blind marking and process of putting it aside from the other barrels.  

They are great barrels.

Agreed!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:47:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the replies everyone!

This help me out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still engraved. It has to be pull from the line, fliped over and engraved on the bottom. BLIND marked, not no markings at all. it has to be done a different way I fail to see why people don't just read their web sight or call them. It is spelled out on their sight.

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying all the other barrel makers are doing it wrong?

Just..... wow

WHERE did he say that.? Your seeing something I just don't see..

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Not a fan of the logo, but the function is perfect for my G19 w/ Octane HD.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looking for a spare drop in replacement of a factory barrel... Any fitting, or reliability issues with Lone wolf?  Better choices out there?

Thanks!

I think they are good to go quality barrels. If you are going to use a lone wolf barrel in a Glock the rifling is a different type. I have never had any fitment problems.

ETA: I apologize if I got this thread off track OP.

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Have a LW 40-9mm on my Glock 35. Works great
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone with the bad/messed up/non functioning barrels called LW? It's hard to believe the things I'm hearing. Not calling anyone a liar, just never heard of these problems. I'm a dealer with LW and in the rare cases a problem exists they fix it right away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top