Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2014 4:57:03 PM EDT
Picked up the Fab Defense SAD-58 polymer handguard set.  The lower went on just fine but the upper is a mofo.  Cant get the heat shield to marry up with it.  I've read a few people said it was a tight fit & some shaving was required.  I did try to sand it down a but but no luck.  Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks  ;)
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I found the upper is very tight. It rotates onto the guard, then stops unless you use a large flat screwdriver to hold the guard. Once installed, it is solid.

I noticed that once installed, mine warped the upper Guard, and caused some contact between the rod-guide tab and the gas-port end of the rod. I adjusted this by sanding down the tab.

I also read before installation that people had problems with the Picattiny rail sections, so I did not use them. I believe they would also contact the gas tube or rod.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to tap on my lower with a rubber mallet. The upper I had to remove material at both ends with a file for the heat shield to fit.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top