Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 2:05:17 AM EDT
Are any of the Magpul ak stocks set up to mount to a Draco ?  Modifiable to fit?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you would need to swap the rear trunnion from a pistol to a regular rifle trunnion.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, you would need to swap the rear trunnion from a pistol to a regular rifle trunnion.
View Quote

Figured so.  Looked at the pics of the magpul stocks and wondered if it was possible to cut off the adapter part to mount flush and it doesnt look like its possible..  oh well..
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
doubletap
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an easy enough project if you're a welder or want to shell out the cash to have someone do it. You can also run an a adapter to use an AR style stock, just make sure you have your form1 done first.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's an easy enough project if you're a welder or want to shell out the cash to have someone do it. You can also run an a adapter to use an AR style stock, just make sure you have your form1 done first.
View Quote

Already done it. Just looking for a change..

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I plan on SBRing my Draco and putting a fixed stock trunnion to accept either my Magpul Zhukov stock or Romanian lever folder.

Regardless, should balance out as a handy SBR Draco.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#7]
The MOE SL stocks have bear a vague resemblance to the Zhukov; might help get the look without much headache.

As an aside, if I ever get around to SBR-ing one of my pistols, I'm going to stick a brace on it and shoulder the hell out of it wherever I can.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Roger that, Was just curious is some of the mounting part could be cut down flat and then 2 holes screwed in it to mate to the Draco trunion?  It's hard to tell from the pics and I havent seen one in person yet..

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]
do the trunion swap

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Roger that, Was just curious is some of the mounting part could be cut down flat and then 2 holes screwed in it to mate to the Draco trunion?  It's hard to tell from the pics and I havent seen one in person yet..

https://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/AK/MAG585/MAG585-BLK-1-15.png&Width=1200&Height=700&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Crop=5
View Quote

Mine should be finished tomorrow, and I will try to post pics with the Zhukov-S stock.  The rear trunion is being replaced and all the holes welded up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the cost of a trunnion swap?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Done.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#13]
How did you get the gas tube cover to fit?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]
JBI Armory did the work. He had to file on the bottom of the gas tube cover some. I am really happy with all of his work.  

Towards the rear of the receiver, that is oil you see. The welds were perfect.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice rifle. I plan on going with JBI to work on my Draco once I get my form filled out.

How much did they charge? What was the turn around time?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
do the trunion swap

http://i.imgur.com/LfosuYJ.jpg
View Quote

That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That is beautiful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
do the trunion swap

http://i.imgur.com/LfosuYJ.jpg

That is beautiful.

here she is with 1967-1968 Polish Hardwood

DSC_7052 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr

one of my favorites
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top