BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2014 2:03:01 PM EDT
Will be out soon. Should be a great option for more flexible mounting of  RDS and longer radius for iron sights.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there something official posted about this somewhere?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been waiting all summer for them, now I get to keep my wood handguards and don't have to drill anything.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
link?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
link?
View Quote

You guys talking about this?

If so, ready to put in cart at:

https://www.texasshooterssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38_53&products_id=420&osCsid=a8b76fac91df28c8e4da3912d4289a50

- OS
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
link?

[email protected] <[email protected]>

Oct 28 (10 days ago)

to xxxxxx
Good morning,

About March of this I contacted you about availability of the Dogleg cover for the Zastava M92 Pap. I was informed that one would be out in last of summer. Are you near to releasing this item for sale yet?

xxxxx,xxxxx

to me

Mr.  

I am happy to inform production has already been started on the M92’s. Soon we will be sending them off for anodizing (7-10 days) and on the market in no time!

Best regards,
xxxxx

Texas Weapon Systems, Corp.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Its out now, I just ordred mine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Do they have one for a micro draco?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered one with the peep sight. It'll be nice to do away with the old irons.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just ordered one with the peep sight. It'll be nice to do away with the old irons.
View Quote

The peep sight is main reason I'm tempted.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Very cool. Looking at it on site there, unclear if it comes with the hinge pin? Or have to get it separately?

- OS
View All Quotes

I sure hope so... I didn't check. I will be sorta pissed if not
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice.  Hopefully they make one for the Russian/Bulgarian pattern krinks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
It would be great if they made a version of the front hand guard for the pap.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Dang, I would have gotten one just for that peep sight.  Unfortunately I already have mounted a rail that required me to drill and tap two holes.  It works just fine but that TWS system is nicer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The primary reason I'm interested in this is because my rear sight block is crooked and I don't want my front post to be pushed too far over in order to zero the gun.

For those with more experience with the TWS cover on other rifles (I used to use one too), have there been any adjustable rear sights that are decently compatible?   I'm only aware of the Kel-Tec SU-16 rear sight that is windage adjustable and also being the right height.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Very cool. Looking at it on site there, unclear if it comes with the hinge pin? Or have to get it separately?

- OS
View All Quotes

Mr. George,

Everything you need will come in the kit including the new M92 hinge pin and bolt.

Rail Kit Contents
• Rail
• Dog Leg Tab with screws (installed on rail)
• Release button with attached wire
• Instruction sheet

Let us know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Gabriela

512-554-1136

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mr. George,

Everything you need will come in the kit including the new M92 hinge pin and bolt.

Rail Kit Contents
• Rail
• Dog Leg Tab with screws (installed on rail)
• Release button with attached wire
• Instruction sheet

Let us know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Gabriela

512-554-1136

https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f7162921%5fAKLmjkQAABAXVHTGdw4lGKz6p4w&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Was just coming in to post same thing, as I emailed them last night too. Got quick response, always a big plus.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#19]
hmmmm, tempting. Wondering if I could machine some of that pic rail flat and then mount one of the new primary arms reflex sights on there and still get good cowitness with the irons...   Maybe I wouldn't even have too. The bottom of the base to the red dot is about 5/8". Who has one of these covers can can measure peep sight center to pic rail for me?  

***updated***

maybe I should read manufacturer's www sites more often. This image is encouraging, and not just because I like MARPAT...

Now all we need is a weak-side charging version and someone to do some carrier conversions...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm assuming these also work with the M85?

Mick
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mick
View Quote

"Some M92 pistols are configured with a bulged front trunnion and will not work with this top cover.  Please confirm your pistol matches the standard front trunnion shown in these images."

Every M85 I've seen had a bulged trunnion, so probably not.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Just installed mine.
For anyone else with one on the way, you're gonna have to destroy the peened washer/pin that the OEM dust cover hinges on. You can use a punch, but I found it easier to just dremel it with a cutting wheel. Other than that it's smooth and painless.
Lower cowitnesses nicely.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Does the rear peep line up with the front sight?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do they have one for a micro draco?
View Quote

Actually, the standard AK cover part number 32310 does fit the Mini Draco.

TWS
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The peep sight is main reason I'm tempted.

- OS
View Quote

That's a good reason all by itself. Having the peep sight waaaay at the back truly does transform the weapon.

TWS
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nice.  Hopefully they make one for the Russian/Bulgarian pattern krinks.
View Quote

Those are a different animal and unfortunately we just don't get many requests for these. On the positive side, because the front tab can be removed it is possible to have a gunsmith make a custom piece for you.

TWS
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mick
View Quote

No, they don't work with the M85. The M85 has a bulged front trunnion and this cover is not compatible.
We will have the M85 model available after Dec 15.

TWS
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just installed mine.
For anyone else with one on the way, you're gonna have to destroy the peened washer/pin that the OEM dust cover hinges on. You can use a punch, but I found it easier to just dremel it with a cutting wheel. Other than that it's smooth and painless.

http://i.imgur.com/o8ryg71.jpg
View Quote

Looks good. I just got mine installed... quick and easy. I used a 1/8 punch to remove the peened washer/pin dustcover hinge, it came out in 4 whacks. The hardest part was putting the spring retention button back on the spring guide without a vice but it got done.

This Dogleg rail/cover mounts up solid, absolutely no detectable movement when locked into position.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:56:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Perfectly, it is SUCH an improvement.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Just installed mine.

http://i.imgur.com/o8ryg71.jpg

Looks good. I just got mine installed... quick and easy. I used a 1/8 punch to remove the peened washer/pin dustcover hinge, it came out in 4 whacks. The hardest part was putting the spring retention button back on the spring guide without a vice but it got done.

This Dogleg rail/cover mounts up solid, absolutely no detectable movement when locked into position.

Yeah that was rough, strongly advise gloves there. I tried sticking it in the vise but by hand was easier for me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Sweeet!

Has anyone tested if it returns to zero? (assuming it does)
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?
Manticore Arms makes the Renegade fore arm you can mount rails to wherever needed...
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why?
Manticore Arms makes the Renegade fore arm you can mount rails to wherever needed...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Options... I like the look of the TWS handguard. I like the  Manticore Hanguard though and it is on the list.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Options... I like the look of the TWS handguard. I like the  Manticore Hanguard though and it is on the list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Cool....figured that was probably the case right after I posted.

I've got a Renegade on my M92 and love it, and have two TWS Dogleg rails on my M70 Yugo Underfolder and my SLR 101....

The TWS Dogleg is a great piece of gear, I just didnt see using them on the M92's.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've got a Renegade on my M92 and love it, and have two TWS Dogleg rails on my M70 Yugo Underfolder and my SLR 101....

The TWS Dogleg is a great piece of gear, I just didnt see using them on the M92's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I didnt think it would make a huge difference either except for better optic mounting solutions... but the peep sight all the way in the rear, doubling the sight radius  is pretty helpful ,faster to line-up than the pistol sight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#35]
disreguard
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Yes, they're coming :) Can't quote a date just yet.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Since standard TWS covers use the leaf spring for tension, what does the M92 version use, considering they do not have the same rear sight setup?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Since standard TWS covers use the leaf spring for tension, what does the M92 version use, considering they do not have the same rear sight setup?
View Quote

The hinge block of the M92 is much more precise and robust than the rear sight block of a standard AK. For this reason we're able to machine a precision 4mm hinge bolt with a distorted thread lock nut to keep everything nice and tight during the vibration of shooting.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The hinge block of the M92 is much more precise and robust than the rear sight block of a standard AK. For this reason we're able to machine a precision 4mm hinge bolt with a distorted thread lock nut to keep everything nice and tight during the vibration of shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dogleg locks up tight. Has a more solid feel than the original dust cover. Absolutely no wobble. The peep sight is just a bonus on the massively increased sight radius.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice rail, need to get one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Suggestion for TWS. How about a new version of the rear sight with protective ears that uses an AR-15 flip aperture?
It would look more original and be similar to the two position unit that is OEM.
Something like this:
http://www.dsarms.com/p-11632-fal-sa58-para-rear-flip-sight-assembly-includes-2-screws-and-sspring.aspx

Mick
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Suggestion for TWS. How about a new version of the rear sight with protective ears that uses an AR-15 flip aperture?
It would look more original and be similar to the two position unit that is OEM.
View Quote

+100
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

+100
View All Quotes
Quoted:

+100

Seems to be standard rail that accepts Weaver/Picatinny stuff. Just pop an AR rear sight right on there, folding or fixed, adjustable for windage too. Am I missing something?

- OS
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Height is all wrong for using an Ar15 rear sight (too tall)...

Mick

Quoted:

Seems to be standard rail that accepts Weaver/Picatinny stuff. Just pop an AR rear sight right on there, folding or fixed, adjustable for windage too. Am I missing something?

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+100

- OS

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+100

- OS

It would be insanely taller than the front post, completely inhibiting any ability to properly zero the rifle and a complete lack of any cheek weld without a 2 inch thick riser.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It would be insanely taller than the front post, completely inhibiting any ability to properly zero the rifle and a complete lack of any cheek weld without a 2 inch thick riser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+100

- OS

Well, alrighty then. I thought could probably raise front post enough to compensate, guess not. And yeah, I reckon you would have at best a chin weld with whatever though even if it would.

- OS
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Is the peep sight included on this model or did you guys have to order it too?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#48]
You have to order it--it's $40.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#49]
So I've got it and I'm trying to figure this out:

• The instructions mention a "guide tube retention shaft".  This is a phrase that does not exist anywhere across the entire internet, much less any AK reference guide or explained anywhere in the instructions themselves.  What exactly is this referring to, the gas tube retainer pin?

• The original TWS requires it to be adjusted as far back as possible.  Is it the same with this product?  I have a feeling that answering the first question will answer this one as well.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So I've got it and I'm trying to figure this out:

• The instructions mention a "guide tube retention shaft".  This is a phrase that does not exist anywhere across the entire internet, much less any AK reference guide or explained anywhere in the instructions themselves.  What exactly is this referring to, the gas tube retainer pin?

• The original TWS requires it to be adjusted as far back as possible.  Is it the same with this product?  I have a feeling that answering the first question will answer this one as well.

View Quote

I didnt know what the hell that was referring to. I assumed the same as you did and just installed it. Turns out as far as I can tell that is exactly what it is referring too.  It states to make light contact when adjusting the cover to the gun to maintain gas tube rention pressure but light enough not to damage the cover.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top