Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2016 11:19:04 AM EDT

I recently picked this M76 up here locally off of an Armslist ad. The price was pretty reasonable for one of these and I decided that I just couldn't live without it. I recently made a decision to start shooting all my rifles from time to time, so I took this one out and put a hundred rounds or so through it.

What a sweet shooter, very smooth and accurate. With the sights set at 350 meters, I was consistently hitting a two foot square rock at that distance offhand.

Now I have a pair of Valmets.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle how much did you pay if you don't mind
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I had several 76's and a 62. I got rid of the 76 because the mags were very prone to rusting and it beat the crap out of brass.
I couldn't feel good with 250dollar mags that rusted over night from finger sweat. Of course its humid and wet here so you have that going for you.
I kind of regret the sale

It was easily the most accurate AK I ever shot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the solution to the mag issue. Some research told me that Bulgarian .223 magazines would work with minimal modification. I bought a couple and after a few minutes work with a dremel, they function perfectly.  At $40 each they are a bargain compared to originals.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet guns OP.  Also, from the looks of those pics it seems like you have a cool arms room.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one back in the 80's that cost the staggering sum of ...

$400 dollars.

Magazines for a 5.56 AK were non-existent or super expensive, so I sold it off...  
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top